The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Buisness entry requirments and personal statement

Hi, im thinking about applying to Hull in 2010 and i want to know if my subjects and my predicted grades are alright -

Btec Buisness - Double Distinction
Btec Travel and Tourism - Pass/Merit
A Level ICT - C
AS Geography - E
AS Citizenship - unknown

and i would also like to know what i should write on my personal statement because i have no idea.

Also, if you have any other information about the accommodation and any must see places could you tell me?:smile:

thank you
Reply 1
My head teacher told me business is the most applied for degree in the whole country. So from that I'm guessing it's hard to get into, Hull is a good uni and your probably going to want better predicted grades in your A level?
I am not sure if BTEC's count unless you get a distinction either. You would probably want at least a B in your A level, depending on their requirements? What are Hulls?

A list of TSR personal statements can be found here, look for business at this link http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Category:Personal_Statements_by_Subject
and have a read. :smile:

Also use the search bar on this website to see if anything else has been posted on Hull type in Hull and Business and sort by date? May find something helpful there.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Hmm, what level are your BTECs? You might be alright, but with the range you have it might be a little bit difficult to know for sure.

As for your personal statement, start with the first half saying why you want to study business and what parts of business you're particularly interested in.

The next quarter should be about work experiences you've done, and try to find some ways in which you can relate the experiences to your wanting to study business.

The last quarter should ideally be about extra curricular activities and things you've achieved (ie, DofE, prefect/head boy etc etc).

You can put a short conclusion at the end, but this isn't always necessary.
Reply 3
thanks to both of you. my btecs are worth 2 Alevels each,so for both of the, i'll have 4 alevels.

ive been told that Hull accepts Btecs as long as their good grades thou.

for every place theres 5 applications ive been told,so yeah,i need to impress them :smile:
Reply 4
ChibiSora
thanks to both of you. my btecs are worth 2 Alevels each,so for both of the, i'll have 4 alevels.

ive been told that Hull accepts Btecs as long as their good grades thou.

for every place theres 5 applications ive been told,so yeah,i need to impress them :smile:

You should work your bum off writing yuor personal statement and aim for the best grades you can get :smile:

Latest