Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have a single room in Max Rayne, £90/week. Want to swap for anywhere closer/in shared flats, don't care how much money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubble123)
    I have a single room in Max Rayne, £90/week. Want to swap for anywhere closer/in shared flats, don't care how much money.
    Erm, I know it sounds stupid but u wanna swap with me? I got shared at Max Rayne for 68 pw. :p:

Or anyone there wanna swap with me? :/

ReputationRep:
    I might consider max rayne if you wanna swap to a shared in Campbell House East? Although really I wanna swap to a single somewhere closer :P £90/w isn't bad though

(Original post by purplewasp)
    I might consider max rayne if you wanna swap to a shared in Campbell House East? Although really I wanna swap to a single somewhere closer :P £90/w isn't bad though
    I would definitely definitely consider a shared in Campbell House East! Let me know. My dad is ringing them up tomorrow, he might get further than I am at the moment but I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    Right I'm seriously thinking about it, let me know how your dad gets on tomorrow...they flat out refused me a swap when I called...I don't want to live in Camden particularly but I really want my own room...and £90/w is pretty tempting, being only £4 more than the shared rate at Campbell...I'm researching Max Rayne now, I have a friend that's at UCL at the moment so I'm gunna ask them what they know about it...

ReputationRep:
    Shared at Astor here. Will only swap for a single at Astor. Any takers?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Might Be Wrong)
    Shared at Astor here. Will only swap for a single at Astor. Any takers?

Cheers
    On the off chance you change your mind, I have a single at Schafer and am willing to swap. PM if interested!

(Original post by The Mute)
    On the off chance you change your mind, I have a single at Schafer and am willing to swap. PM if interested!
    Interested in a single at Max Rayne by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liljaforever)
    no, she doesn't want May Rayne I think. And you can't have mixed rooms I'm afraid
    Oh no...mixed room was my last hope at Max rayne :p:

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely definitely consider a shared in Campbell House East! Let me know. My dad is ringing them up tomorrow, he might get further than I am at the moment but I doubt it.
    So how did your dad get on? If you still want to swap I'll take your single at Max Rayne, I've decided the journeying to and from UCL would be worth it for that price and for a single...although obviously a single at CHE would be way more to my taste

So how did your dad get on? If you still want to swap I'll take your single at Max Rayne, I've decided the journeying to and from UCL would be worth it for that price and for a single...although obviously a single at CHE would be way more to my taste
    I'm actually looking to stay at a student building not run by UCL called Nido. I'm going to look at it tomorrow, and have a good feeling I'll be taking up a room there as long as there are some still available SO although I won't be needing your room at CHE then you're obviously free to have my room at Max Rayne. I will PM you more about it when I get the letters through from UCL about it? I haven't rejected it yet. I'll ring them and ask what the situation is about giving it to you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually looking to stay at a student building not run by UCL called Nido. I'm going to look at it tomorrow, and have a good feeling I'll be taking up a room there as long as there are some still available SO although I won't be needing your room at CHE then you're obviously free to have my room at Max Rayne. I will PM you more about it when I get the letters through from UCL about it? I haven't rejected it yet. I'll ring them and ask what the situation is about giving it to you.
    Awesome thanks. So should I accept my CHE and then ask for switch or wait to pay my deposit...still have 'til the 14th but I'm not with the whole trusting the royal mail lately so I want to do it as soon as possible :P I suppose you accepting it and then swapping wouldn't work because you'd have to pay the deposit. But yeah if you can ask about giving it to me that'd be great .

ReputationRep:
    Was everyone offered accomodation by email from University of London??
    Or should i be waiting for a posted letter from UCL?

ReputationRep:
    I got a letter from UCL...quite a thick one, includes a bunch of information and regulations about stuff...excuse the vagueness

ReputationRep:
    I got a letter from UCL...quite a thick one, includes a bunch of information and regulations about stuff...excuse the vagueness
    Did it include accommodation? or like a freshers information

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liljaforever)
    no, an email form UoL means that you got Intercollegiate which means that you won't get a letter from UCL (the UoL and UCL accommodation offices are not connected)
    That sucks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrustratedHistorian)
    Did it include accommodation? or like a freshers information
    Yeah the two copies of a letter which basically said hey you've been offered this: xxxxxx...reply to the offer and keep a copy for yourself for when you move in. Then a leaflet about those halls. And a pamphlet on the block insurance policy UCL is subscribed to and then an A5 booklet on regulations for halls, including all the stuff about you can and can't have this in your room, move in at this time, what you should bring for the kitchen if you're self catered, fire regulations etc etc...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the two copies of a letter which basically said hey you've been offered this: xxxxxx...reply to the offer and keep a copy for yourself for when you move in. Then a leaflet about those halls. And a pamphlet on the block insurance policy UCL is subscribed to and then an A5 booklet on regulations for halls, including all the stuff about you can and can't have this in your room, move in at this time, what you should bring for the kitchen if you're self catered, fire regulations etc etc...
    thanks...even that i haven't received a letter confirming my place besides ucas - i'm calling them tomorrow...feeling rather neglected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrustratedHistorian)
    thanks...even that i haven't received a letter confirming my place besides ucas - i'm calling them tomorrow...feeling rather neglected
    Don't feel neglected there's no need to panic or anything yet. The date you're supposed to hear by is the 7th...in all honesty I was surprised to get mine when I did. The 7th isn't 'til Monday; if you haven't got a letter by Tuesday then you can panic. I got an email welcoming me on the 20th and a letter from UCAS confirming my place. And then the accommodation stuff while I was on holiday but not everyone's heard yet, nor will they all until the 7th, there are a lot of students and only so much time. It'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Got a place in goldsmid house if anyone is interested in swapping, ensuite £150 pw.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.