Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

would you leave if your partner didn't seem sexually interested in you? Watch

• View Poll Results: would you leave if your partner didnt seem sexually interested in you?
    yes
    63.64%
    no
    36.36%

ReputationRep:
    my bf cares about me muchly, i can see that but he seems to have such little interest in me sexually

we've been together 5 months and had plenty of time to embrace this side of each other together

i've told him a few times how bad the lack of sexual contact makes me feel and nothings changed

i think i can give him 3 months at the most to c if anything changes

but do you lot think i'm putting too much hope on the situation changing?

it will be crap to leave him as he cares so much but the sexual thing is driving me to desperately low levels of self esteem...i know i shouldn't measure myself on sex and sexuality but nevertheless the situation with my bf is having a v negative effect on me as it feels hed rather do anything than have sex together

ReputationRep:
    If he's not making you happy then no matter how much he cares about you you should find someone who can give you what you want.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think this is, though? Has he told you? Have you even done anything?

Even though sex in a relationship isn't everything, I think it's an intimate bonding experience, satisfying a human desire. Sure, you could things to satisfy yourself, but it's not going to be the same.

It just depends how important sex is for you.

I've been in a similar situation, so I know how it feels. Like your bf, my ex definitely cared about me and was a good bf etc but I always had to initiate sexual stuff and he never seemed as keen which made me feel pretty bad about myself.

I didn't know what to do about it either, but it did affect our relationship, and we split up after 8 months because I thought he was still into an ex. I don't really know what you should do. It's a really difficult situation, but with me the problem just built up. I guess you could try talking to him again, then weighing up the good points and bad points of the relationship.

I've subsequently been with guys who are really into me sexually, but not nearly as nice in other ways. Maybe you should do nothing for a while and see how things work out?

ReputationRep:
    Is he a virgin?...
    could explain a lot

Maybe he's old fashioned and respects you too much too.

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys...he does stalk his ex's online which really doesnt help me at all

ReputationRep:
    i dont know if this is of relevance but its not helped by the fact that he tells me about all the fun stuff he got up to with his ex's

ReputationRep:
    Tell him that if he can't satisfy you, you'll find someone who can :eek:

My girlfriend and I been together 4 months, we've done nothing, she doesn't feel ready, were both 16, I understand, and I have the sense to stick it out.

ReputationRep:
    I think if your having problems like this only 5 months down the line then you probebly should think about if this is what you really want. You only live once! Wouldnt you rather be with someone that makes you feel special, wanted and most of all makes you feel loved?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.