Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you allowed to take food from home onto the plane? Watch

ReputationRep:
    As in will the food pass the safety control checks? I know the rules about liquid but its just the airport website doesn't say anything about food.

Also, if anyone else knows, at check-in, do i have to show my insurance certificate or just my tickets and passport?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yer, u can take food. Aslong as its not liquid (so no ketchup lol). (BUT I think there may be an issue if u take meat from one country to another, so no meaty sanwiches lol) but i took cake, cookies and sandwiches on a flight from england to turkey and was fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shenzys)
    As in will the food pass the safety control checks? I know the rules about liquid but its just the airport website doesn't say anything about food.

Also, if anyone else knows, at check-in, do i have to show my insurance certificate or just my tickets and passport?

Thanks
    oh and u dont need to show insurance where u going? have a nice time!!!

ReputationRep:
    depends if it's banned food in which case you can't even take it into the cargo

You can take food, even with a sauce, just be careful you don't exceed the liquid restrictions. Some countries are antsy about meat, fruit and and veg being brought in by passengers so just consume the food on the plane or ask the cabin staff to chuck any leftovers.

You don't need to show proof of insurance at check in- just passport and tickets.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can. But you can't take liquids with more than 100ml (I thinks it's 100ml)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks you guys!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.