Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Throwing up because of period pains Watch

ReputationRep:
    I had it a few times, I don't think it's related to an upset stomach, I think it was purely because I was in so much pain. And severe pain can make you sick. Just make sure you take some medication early on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Does anyone else get this?

I just did, I didn't want to eat much because I woke up with a pain in my stomach indicating it was "that time". I get bad pains sometimes, but not that often (it tends to be when I have a lie-in :confused:) and when the pains are quite bad, I throw up. Today the pain was bad and annoying, but not as bad as it sometimes is and I threw up anyway
    Now I can't eat still and it hurts again :cry:

Any remedies? Any reasons why I throw up even if the pain isn't unbearable?
    If I were you I'd go to the Doctors and see what he/she says. I used to get terrible period pains and then I started bleeding too heavily for too long (I looked awful) so I was put on the pill simply to control them. I'm not sure if you can do anything about what you're saying but it sounds pretty horrible so see if there is anything. It may just be the case that GP just gives you some advice.

ReputationRep:
    I was the same. I used to go white as a sheet, feel extremely hot one minute (so much so I had to lie on the bathroom tiled floor to cool myself down) then feel so cold the next I used to have to lie under the duvet. I found it difficult to walk and could only walk by crouching over. Wierdly, as soon as I had some sleep it all went away. I was put on the pill and that helped no end, though I've come off it now but the pains are no where near as bad and I can manage to go through the day without any pain relief.

i used to without a doubt but the only thing thats helping me now is taking some medication before im due to start which i helping me now its just mild pains which i dont mind that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Does anyone else get this?

I just did, I didn't want to eat much because I woke up with a pain in my stomach indicating it was "that time". I get bad pains sometimes, but not that often (it tends to be when I have a lie-in :confused:) and when the pains are quite bad, I throw up. Today the pain was bad and annoying, but not as bad as it sometimes is and I threw up anyway
    Now I can't eat still and it hurts again :cry:

Any remedies? Any reasons why I throw up even if the pain isn't unbearable?
    Some IUSs (IUDs with hormones) also minimise periods and the accompanying pains. Dunno how old you are but that or the pill might be worth looking at. Plus it stops you accidentally having babies. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Aww, I feel for you, I really do

I used to suffer from excruciating period pains which came with nausea. They were my worst nightmare. The pain soon became unbearable, so I went to the doctors and was prescribed some drug that was supposed to ease pain. Needless to say, they were ineffective.

All I can do is recommend Anadin Liquifast - also known as Anadin Ultra. These capsuels are my saviour. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    This happened to me to the point where I was puking up bile, Nurofen usually helps and just try and go to sleep, although it can get difficult because I always feel uncomfortable on my first day.

Thanks everyone.
    The thing is they don't happen often and I'm not sure about the side effects of the pill etc and my doctor seemed to be reluctant to give them me.

I eat mostly healthily I believe though I do have my bad habits like everyone else. I exercise a lot too. So I'm not sure what causes them as I don't get them much. Recently it's been the holidays so I've not been quite as active but I have done more exercise than usual to make up for it.

ReputationRep:
    I always used to get this. And the pain went up my back and down my legs and I was screaming in agony, until my mum gave me lovely strong painkillers (co-proxamol) and I fell asleep. Then I went on the pill and life is soo much better!

I think some people are just REALLY unlucky when it comes to periods and period pain

ReputationRep:
    I used to throw up every period, at least once on the first day (usually about 2 or 3 times, record of 7 times) until I went on the Pill. I hate periods. :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    This has happened to me the last few times, and as I never throw up normally I went to the doctor a few days ago, he prescribed some medication which should help. If normal pain relief isn't helping I'd recommend this

ReputationRep:
    my ex had really bad period problems like that sometimes, and loads of females in her family did too, probably some girls get it worse than others? o_O i dno, but I'm sure glad I don't get periods!!

ReputationRep:
    What I hate most is how it can take any day out of the whole month. Some months it has no clashes but others months the pain and cramps and nausea coincides with something important like a speech I had to do or lessons which I consequently can't attend.:sigh:

Yeah i have it every month. I take ibuprofen ALL the time

ReputationRep:
    I used to be sick everytime I had my period but now I'm on the pill and another tablet cant remember what it's called (yellowy colour and long)

Just go to your GP and they will give you loads of options

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.