Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I received one exam result which I found extremely surprising and I think that there was probably a mistake somewhere in marking the paper - we don't get our transcripts until the end of August - if I find a glaring mistake in the marking once I have the transcript - can I appeal?

I've tried reading the lse website but it's pretty confusing...

ReputationRep:
    By transcripts I think they mean the confirmed results and not the actual papers (correct me if im wrong). Its always worth a try but it is very rare they will change the mark - probably your expectation was flawed. I would send an email to student services, or call them - they will take you through the process.

ReputationRep:
    they say that each paper is marked 2/3 times independently. and they will not even let you see the paper.. which paper was you shocked on?

ReputationRep:
    This is common. You wont be able to do anything - at most you can request to see the individual marks for 10GBP (but check this on the website). I had a shocker last year too - spent 3 months talking to them - and they don't accept any grounds of appeal - even if you have 90% in everything else and throughout the year and you get 40% in the exam they will just tell you that "you can not be perfect" and that "you can not claim to know more than the examiners, so go away".

ReputationRep:
    you averaged 90% in everything else.. amazing, what did you get 40% in im curious lol. are you Jan? he is a true Genius lol!

(Original post by Who?)
    at most you can request to see the individual marks for 10GBP (but check this on the website)
    And even then you cannot use the marker's notes as grounds for appeal.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/dat...ngRequests.htm

OP you need a very good reason for an appeal. This is to the tune of the examiners not following proper procedure or in light of new information (with explanation as to why LSE wasn't told sooner).

http://www.lse.ac.uk/resources/calen...ners200809.htm

I think the best you can hope for is that totalled your mark up wrong. Then you can request a clerical check.

ReputationRep:
    On the topic of exams ... does anyone know the site to get hold of the results statistics for courses at LSE? I went on it a couple of months ago, just forgot where it is! Anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can get a remark, I was looking to get one as well, and all you can get is a recheck, where they just add up your total again and see if it tallies with what they gave you online. Its quite annoying, because I was quite confident about one of the papers which I didn't do as well as I thought I would.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.