Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I have applied for student finance? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm stressing out a bit cos i keep hearing people who've applied for student finance.

I need to apply for a loan to cover tuition fees but my parents are paying for living costs like accomodation ect but i thought you only apply after you know where your definately going to go, like not a conditional offer.

But i've literally heard nothing about when I should apply and I dont want to miss out on anything I should be doing haha.

Any help/advice?

ReputationRep:
    Don't Panic, but do it rigth now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowerfairy)
    am i really that behind?!
    how would i go about applying?
    i've not been told anything about all this financy stuff
    yeah, the deadlines were months ago, but they're very far behind with their systems. Send it in ASAP

ReputationRep:
    apply now if i were you. i started in feburary and due to several 'incidents' ( they said they didnt recieve my parents details when i sent it recorded deleivery, they said i needed additional information but there was no section on my account to imput the info) i have got no further ahead than when i started.
    oh, id apply for a paper application form- apparntly its easier than online
    you go to www.directgov.co.uk and follow the instructions from there, its quite simple to get logged on and such
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I'm stressing out a bit cos i keep hearing people who've applied for student finance.

I need to apply for a loan to cover tuition fees but my parents are paying for living costs like accomodation ect but i thought you only apply after you know where your definitely going to go, like not a conditional offer.

But i've literally heard nothing about when I should apply and I dont want to miss out on anything I should be doing haha.

Any help/advice?
    I'm in the exact position as you, i need to get the stupid identity declaration signed - I've had it for around 3 weeks now pfft

ReputationRep:
    Woop think i got it all sorted and sent off
    So quick, you've done the identity declaration form?

ReputationRep:
    identity declaration form?!!
    is that just if your sending away information on household income? cos i'm not doing that
    I did the whole thing online and it seems ok...
    Ditto i did it online aswell, they require Birth Certificate/Passport - and identity declaration form.

ReputationRep:
    they asked me for my passport details and stuff but not my birth certificate. What's involved in an identity declaration form?

But I'm guessing that if they didnt ask for that stuff then i dont need to give it and it'll all be ok, cos i know i filled in all the pages and stuff

pffft lucky for you - you could choose either Birth Certificate or passport.

You just need to get someone you've known for two years to sign it, someone in a respectable profession, so best bet is teacher or doctor.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.