Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Cameron says yes, Brown says no.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8150271.stm

The population is certainly more mobile than say 25 years ago.
    People form social networks on-line rather than in their neighbourhood.

I should make more of an effort to chat to the neighbours, I find people are nice when you bother. When it's cold, dark or wet, who wants to stop and talk!

I just got back from Georgia USA. Many more people use church as a social club out there.
    WallMart has a permanent welcomer, you don't get that in our supermarkets. Just a security guard eyeing you up.

ReputationRep:
    I say yes.

ReputationRep:
    definitely ! if u compare with how firendly people are abroad...helping you out taking u home if ur car breaks...and with msot things

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    The immigrants man! Vote BNP!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    No, not unless you buy into Daily Express hysteria.

ReputationRep:
    I blame Skins.

ReputationRep:
    What do you even mean by broken?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    No, no and hell no.

ReputationRep:
    Define a broken society?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    I blame the Jews and the Irish.
    Oi.:hmmm:

Yes it is broken. Uni lot think I'm odd for saying hello to elderly people on my walk home (it's what we do in Ire) and the elderly just look at me like I'm gonna rob them.

Cities...well, cities everywhere probably are skanky holes full of people that are either drunk or on drugs. The unemployment rate (although that can't really be helped atm I presume), those on benefits that shouldn't be, the obesity rates, the pregnancy rates, the crime and... there's too much to take into consideration. It's all gone to ****.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    I blame computer games. Like everything else is their fault. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Society is obviously broken. The chav epidemic is destroying everything positive in this country.

If this threat is not wiped out this country will become a lazy, unemployed, thugish, wasteland where speaking like a fool and being violent replace hard work and succesful careers as high points of life.

RIP british society

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    it depends what you define as broken. I believe that the society we're in at the moment can be improved significantly, therefore in my mind there is something wrong somewhere within society (for i believe if it ain't broke don't fix it) :yep:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    No, not unless you buy into Daily Express hysteria.
    No, if you are part of the liberal elite (that run this country) who are far removed from the society inhabited by the ordinary man.

ReputationRep:
    No, it's not. Cameron would say that, because it brings him one step closer to election.

Look, people are *****, and they always have been. British society has NEVER been not broken.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.