Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Taking a bike to uni? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Was just wodering how many people are thinking/definately taking a bike to uni with them?

If you are do you plan to insure it and who does good bike insurance?
    Also are you gonna take your bike with you when you first move up or try and bring it later when theres less luggage to carry?

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going to go first and see how I get on then I might bring it through later if there is anywhere to leave it.

ReputationRep:
    I only knew one guy who brought a bike which he used to cycle to work with. It wasn't really necessary I thought, but I suppose you get there twice as fast. Our halls had a bike shed, and the university campus had those bike pods.

ReputationRep:
    You might not need one. I dunno about other unis, but at York they have a 2nd hand bike sale at the start of every year.
    If you live on campus you won't need one - it's in the 2nd and 3rd years when you might. Imagine all the hassle of bring one with you as well!

ReputationRep:
    im hopefully off to cardiff uni and will be just off campus
    will probably not take it at first and then bring it up later if i want

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'll be taking mine to UWIC

defo not straight away though. Get familiar with everything first.

ReputationRep:
    I would but everyone at Manchester seems to drive really crazy. So I can't because I don't want to get killed.

Although, I'm pretty sure I won't need one. If it really is that hard I will probably just buy a scooter.

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on it - if I get the accommodation I want it's miles away (well, a forty minute walk) from the faculty and I really don't want to have to buy bus tickets, no matter how cheap they are. If after the first term it turns out to be totally impractical and I hardly use it I'll take it back home and leave it there, but I'd like to try. Might help me get fit too!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.