Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I just accepted a place at SOAS for the History MA and I'm trying to figure out how to fund things. I'm Irish and have never been resident in the UK before, so I'm wondering about the experiences of people from outside the UK.

    I'm wary of getting a loan here in Ireland because of the volatility of the pound – if I stay in the UK after my MA and the pound's exchange rate sinks further, that would make paying back the loan quite unpleasant.

    My main question is whether I can apply for a career development loan even though I'm not resident in the UK and don't have an account with any of the banks that offer them. If not, are there any other options for me? Thank you in advance for your advice!


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.