Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For my interview, I have learnt the following:

-RAF History
    -RAF Reg. History
    -roles of RAF and RAF Reg
    -Aircraft
    -For the aircraft, I have learnt its name, role and station and any notable things such as if it is being changed. Is this enough for each one?

-NATO
    -current affairs
    -future aircraft

There is probably something I am forgetting that I have learnt, but is anything missing?

I am applying for RAF Regiment...if that helps

Also, I have not learnt names/numbers of squadrons i.e I wouldnt be able to tell you which squadron uses the aircraft etc. Will this be OK?

Thanks
    Ollie

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=952819

Make sure you know about YOU - revise dates of significant achievements, exam results, etc. Lots of people fall down on that. Make sure you've really thought about your motivation (i.e. why you want to join) - people get failed on that as well.

Everyone gets their knickers in a knot about squadron numbers. I've never worried about it too much. It's up to you whether you decide to worry about them or not. In the grand scheme of things, if you nail everything else, I'm sure they won't particularly care whether you know every squadron number. If, however, you don't know nuffink about enyfink, it'll be another black mark against you.

ReputationRep:
    That was my thoughts to be honest, I know all of the dates of when I did exams, ATC, sports, work. Then I have written out in word format exactly what I would say as to why I want to join the RAF...then made it into note format, then practiced it by saying exactly what I plan to say, using the bullet points. Doubt what I have said makes sense, but yeh. I think if any, my one downfall could be that im quite a modest person i.e not the sort who is constantly telling everyone how brilliant I am, so I will have to put my "look how good I am" hat on!!

Any other tips? I know this subject has been done to death on here, but things change rapidly in the RAF, so you read somethings that are relative to a year or so, so some fresh info would be good

Thanks
    Ollie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie2376)
    I think if any, my one downfall could be that im quite a modest person
    Hey, look - you're doing a brilliant job of overcoming your modesty already! :p: :p: :p:

ReputationRep:
    haha, yes, I do realise the irony in how I phrased that!

I dont mean that is my only weakness lol I meant it in terms of that if something is going to let me down, me thinks it would be that. But I know that is the case, so I will just have to overcome it, which im ready for!

ReputationRep:
    Your training. You need to know about OASC, IOT and your branch training at Honington.

On that note, I am assuming you're going for a commission. But even if not, know your training pipeline.

If you need any help swatting on OASC/IOT, I've been cramming it the past few weeks and have things fairly well memorised, so feel free to pick my brains and send me a message/add me to MSN.

Oh and good luck, when is your interview? I got my date through the other week, August 3rd. Can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    My interview is tommorow

No, im going in as just airman, not a commission. I was in two minds which to do, but I doubt my life experience would be enough to get me through, as I have just left college. I am thinking go as a regular and then re-assess the commision situation in a couple of years when I have a bit of experience under my belt.

ReputationRep:
    Either way, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Sam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam-J-Jewell)
    I got my date through the other week, August 3rd. Can't wait!

When were you planning on telling me this?? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeThomas)
    When were you planning on telling me this?? :rolleyes:
    Well it seems SOMEONE appears to have been avoiding me this past week...!!

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you know, I had the interview today and all went well, I passed!

ReputationRep:
    Nice one man! Good work.

ReputationRep:
    I go August 4th myself. Sam, what branch are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats Ollie!!

Sam.... if someone didn't have a homo-nection we wouldn't have this problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toffeeblue)
    I go August 4th myself. Sam, what branch are you applying for?
    1) Pilot, 2) WSOp

(Original post by LukeThomas)
    Sam.... if someone didn't have a homo-nection we wouldn't have this problem
    Don't be blaming my 'nnection bro!

ReputationRep:
    Ive applied for Pilot first and WSOp second, and am at OASC on 8th September, but ive heard the training process has changed is this true?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakko)
    Ive applied for Pilot first and WSOp second, and am at OASC on 8th September, but ive heard the training process has changed is this true?

Thanks
    Not that I'm aware of.

Which process are you referring to, and what changes have you heard of?

... And, probably more importantly, where did you hear them? A reliable source...?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Jakko's thinking about that fast-track entry WSOp scheme for those currently serving? I don't know the details of that, but I haven't heard of anything else either.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.