When do we move in? Watch

jamlid
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Just wondering if anyone knows the move in date? I heard something about courses like nursing, etc. move in early? I'm doing computing so would have thought it's the standard date. Applied for Trigon, Forge and Leadmill.

Thanks!
kat2pult
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The weekend before freshers week is the standard dates.
bringonthetrumpets
Report 9 years ago
Most accommodation contracts start on the 12th of Sept, but most people move in the weekend b4 freshers which is the 19th/20th. Im gona move in around the 12th and try and get in an early freshers week..if i can find people
Marksweb
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yeah if you're on a nursing course you'll need to move in around the 12th as they're the early start courses.
becca241290
Report 9 years ago
I'm going on the 12th cuz Primary Ed. course starts of the 14th, but most people will be the weekend after..
R0b3rto0o
Report 9 years ago
I'm moving in on the 12th because my induction day is the 17th.
MSCS
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Depending on the property, 12th/13th for UNITE Properties and 19th/20th for many others.
Hula129
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
im moving in on the 13th will be allll alone in Sheffield for a week by the sounds of it ! anyone for an early tsr sheffield meet ?
Marksweb
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hula129)
im moving in on the 13th will be allll alone in Sheffield for a week by the sounds of it ! anyone for an early tsr sheffield meet ?
it depends what halls you're in, but if you're in a Uni owned hall then there will be plenty of freshers and also people like me, residential support, and they'll organise nights out in that week before freshers. So don't worry about there not being anything going on (unless you're in private halls of course, i don't know if they do the same thing)
Hula129
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Marksweb)
it depends what halls you're in, but if you're in a Uni owned hall then there will be plenty of freshers and also people like me, residential support, and they'll organise nights out in that week before freshers. So don't worry about there not being anything going on (unless you're in private halls of course, i don't know if they do the same thing)

ahhh thanks
i was a tad concerned :p:
Marksweb
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hula129)
ahhh thanks
i was a tad concerned :p:
what halls are you in?
Hula129
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Marksweb)
what halls are you in?

Phoenix court
Marksweb
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ok, they aren't uni owned so you wont have (as far as I know) anyone their with pre-freshers nights planned, but you'll all be able to sort things out for yourselves i'm sure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
    Sat, 9 Mar '19
    Sun, 14 Apr '19

Do you have any savings?