Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone knows the move in date? I heard something about courses like nursing, etc. move in early? I'm doing computing so would have thought it's the standard date. Applied for Trigon, Forge and Leadmill.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    The weekend before freshers week is the standard dates.

ReputationRep:
    Most accommodation contracts start on the 12th of Sept, but most people move in the weekend b4 freshers which is the 19th/20th. Im gona move in around the 12th and try and get in an early freshers week..if i can find people

ReputationRep:
    yeah if you're on a nursing course you'll need to move in around the 12th as they're the early start courses.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on the 12th cuz Primary Ed. course starts of the 14th, but most people will be the weekend after..

ReputationRep:
    I'm moving in on the 12th because my induction day is the 17th.

ReputationRep:
    Depending on the property, 12th/13th for UNITE Properties and 19th/20th for many others.

ReputationRep:
    im moving in on the 13th will be allll alone in Sheffield for a week by the sounds of it ! anyone for an early tsr sheffield meet ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hula129)
    im moving in on the 13th will be allll alone in Sheffield for a week by the sounds of it ! anyone for an early tsr sheffield meet ?
    it depends what halls you're in, but if you're in a Uni owned hall then there will be plenty of freshers and also people like me, residential support, and they'll organise nights out in that week before freshers. So don't worry about there not being anything going on (unless you're in private halls of course, i don't know if they do the same thing)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marksweb)
    it depends what halls you're in, but if you're in a Uni owned hall then there will be plenty of freshers and also people like me, residential support, and they'll organise nights out in that week before freshers. So don't worry about there not being anything going on (unless you're in private halls of course, i don't know if they do the same thing)

ahhh thanks
    i was a tad concerned :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hula129)
    ahhh thanks
    i was a tad concerned :p:
    what halls are you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marksweb)
    what halls are you in?

Phoenix court

ReputationRep:
    Ok, they aren't uni owned so you wont have (as far as I know) anyone their with pre-freshers nights planned, but you'll all be able to sort things out for yourselves i'm sure

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.