Turn on thread page Beta

If your partner left their phone at your house... watch

• View Poll Results: Would you check their texts/emails?
    Yes
    53.01%
    No
    18.88%
    I'd be tempted, but no
    28.11%

ReputationRep:
    ...or left their email account signed in, would you be tempted to check his/her texts/emails? Or even to see who he/she has on his/her phone?

You won't get caught if you did this and there's no way they'd find out, would you do it?

I personally wouldn't, even if I were suspicious of things going on.

ReputationRep:
    Tempted, yes. Probably wouldn't do it because if it was the other way round I'd feel like he didn't trust me, had no respect for my privacy and hate him for it :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely check, but maybe for reasons that are different from yours.

Nah - unless I was very suspicious or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spanghew)
    I'd definitely check, but maybe for reasons that are different from yours.
    And what are those?

ReputationRep:
    Tempted, of course. But I would NEVER do that and I'd like to think most people I know wouldn't do it to me either. Like the other week my best friend left his facebook logged in at my house, I logged out as soon as I saw what he'd done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    And what are those?
    Not the usual I don't trust them/ I'm jealous crap.

ReputationRep:
    Relationships should be based on trust, so no.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be tempted to, but I wouldn't do it unless I was already worried there was something going on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spanghew)
    Not the usual I don't trust them/ I'm jealous crap.
    Im so happy for you.

Now, back to the question.

And what are those?

ReputationRep:
    Tempted but nah, I trust him completely.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, of course I would. It's not as if he would find out, and I didn't purposely rack his house for the phone or anything like that. I don't really think there's an issue unless you're looking with "oh my goodness, I bet he has a secret lover!" in mind. I wouldn't be surprized if they did the same to me.

Seriously here- why does everyone pretend to be some kind of saint? Moral of the story: don't leave your phone lying around.

ReputationRep:
    If I had reason to believe he was cheating on me, I might. Otherwise, no.

ReputationRep:
    No. I would only do it if I was suspicious. But if I was suspicious, I would most likely not be with that person so I'll probably never be in the position to want to check :P

ReputationRep:
    I'd be tempted to because I'm nosy, but if I did, I'd never use anything that I found against him. The only kind of thing I'd probably be interested in would be which texts from me he might have saved, or stuff like that but I'd definitely be tempted. I know I have nothing to be suspicious of, it would just be my insessant nosiness if I ever did it!

ReputationRep:
    Only do it if I thought something was up. Otherwise, no.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'd be tempted, and I'll probably admit, unlike most people that I am human, and would end up doing it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    Yeah, of course I would. I don't really think there's an issue unless you're looking with "oh my goodness, I bet he has a secret lover!" in mind. I wouldn't be surprized if they did the same to me. It's not really about trust, just curiousity. Moral of the story: don't leave your phone lying around.
    But surely that's no different from opening someone else's mail?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I would actually just set their phone on vibrate and use it to masturbate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricky116)
    Im so happy for you.

Now, back to the question.

And what are those?
    Well... the fact that my partner doesn't delete certain sensitive messages leads me to believe they want me to read them. Cry for help, type of thing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.