Turn on thread page Beta

If your partner left their phone at your house... watch

• View Poll Results: Would you check their texts/emails?
    Yes
    53.01%
    No
    18.88%
    I'd be tempted, but no
    28.11%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinsss)
    But surely that's no different from opening someone else's mail?
    Not at all. If someone actually brought a letter of theirs to my house, left it open and somewhere obvious, and I was very bored, there's a chance I would take a look at the letter. Just out of interest.

ReputationRep:
    I would, but I'd tell him, or probably just look while he was still there.

ReputationRep:
    I probably would to be fair. But at the same time i wouldn't care if they looked through my phone, i've got nothing to hide.

It wouldn't necessarily be because i didn't trust them though, i just like looking through phones, whoever they belong to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by learner_dancer)
    I would actually just set their phone on vibrate and use it to masturbate.
    :rofl: you're :awesome:

Drinks sometime?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    :rofl: you're :awesome:

Drinks sometime?
    But... that is EXACTLY what I do!

ReputationRep:
    Just make sure it isn't a camera phone.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I said no because we live together... and there must have been times where I have been left alone with his phone. But it never occurred to me to check it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, only if I was suspicious. If we had a good trusting relationship then I wouldnt feel the need to.

ReputationRep:
    Nah. It's quite often I look through both of them anyway, in front of him. We have nothing to hide.

ReputationRep:
    haha love it! Definitely my kind of girl!

ReputationRep:
    Ebay. Go.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be tempted, but purely because I'd be curious to know what he was talking to his friends about- get an insight into his life kind of thing I guess :p: But I wouldn't actually do it. I wouldn't be particularly fussed if I knew he was looking through my phone either. Not as if there's anything interesting on there

ReputationRep:
    I did this when my s.o left their phone at my house. It was back when we were just friends and i wasn't looking for anything suspicious, i was just being nosey! I did feel really guilty afterwards! But the texts were mostly all from / to me anyway! I know this happened to me when i left my phone there by accident too, so i guess it's even now.

ReputationRep:
    I would read them but not because im paranoid.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a nosey *******, so I'd be tempted to, but I think I'd manage to resist the urge

ReputationRep:
    I'd be tempted and probably would give into temptation at some point, it's general curiosity. But I wouldn't properly look, I'd read a few texts from his male friends, scan the rest then put the phone back down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deano88)
    I probably would to be fair. But at the same time i wouldn't care if they looked through my phone, i've got nothing to hide.

It wouldn't necessarily be because i didn't trust them though, i just like looking through phones, whoever they belong to.
    I am the same.. I completely trust her and hell she can look through my phone if she wants

I just want to know what she's been doing really I'd stop if she wanted me to.

ReputationRep:
    I would, because the things he writes make me laugh. I know I wouldn't find anything incriminating.

It wouldn't matter if he looked through my phone because the only messages I get are from him and orange (oh the competition)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeanofJelly)
    I would, because the things he writes make me laugh. I know I wouldn't find anything incriminating.

It wouldn't matter if he looked through my phone because the only messages I get are from him and orange (oh the competition)
    Haha that made me laugh :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I would and have read my boyfriends texts/messages if he's left his phone or whatever lying around, but I don't do it because I suspect him of cheating or anything like that, just general curiosity, boredom. I know he doesn't have a problem with it and we both trust each other not to read anything that's obviously private or anything like that. I can understand how some people would be upset by it, but in my mind, if neither of you have anything to hide, why not? By the way, before people shout at me, I'm not implying because you want to guard your privacy that must mean you're hiding something, I'm just saying that's my justification for doing it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.