Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If your partner left their phone at your house... Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you check their texts/emails?
    Yes
    53.01%
    No
    18.88%
    I'd be tempted, but no
    28.11%

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the situation, if you were feeling suspicious about her going off with someone else its your instinct to check their phone and see whats been going on.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not. I wouldn't expect anything of interest to me to be on there.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    haha love it! Definitely my kind of girl!
    :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jon3)
    It depends on the situation, if you were feeling suspicious about her going off with someone else its your instinct to check their phone and see whats been going on.

Thanks Jon

ReputationRep:
    I've done it before when my browser automatically logged onto his email by accident, and he wouldn't have found out, but i felt SO bad i ended up telling him straight away.

I'd never do it again though :nn:

ReputationRep:
    Nah I wouldn't and maybe for fear that I might find something out, but then I'd want to know.. but I wouldn't look.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Of course you would look, its human nature!

But it wouldn't be to see if they were cheating, it would be out of curiosity.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would but then neither of us mind if the other answers our phones/read a new text etc. He uses my Facebook to talk to his friends as he doesn't have it. Neither of us have anything to hide, so I don't see the problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricky116)
    Im so happy for you.

Now, back to the question.

And what are those?
    LMAO! ah the sarcasm made me l-o-l!

ReputationRep:
    Trust is the most important thing in a relationship, no.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe the amount of people that said yes, i hope i never go out with any of you

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend and i are really open with each other, so i wouldn't mind if he looked at my texts/emails i have nothing to hide from him. I do look at my boyfriends phone sometimes and he is with me when i do it, it doesn't bother him :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip)
    I can't believe the amount of people that said yes, i hope i never go out with any of you

but it might not be a trust issue, just general interest, dont press the red button type situation, not as if theyre performing coitus with some nub.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james_dow)
    but it might not be a trust issue, just general interest, dont press the red button type situation, not as if theyre performing coitus with some nub.
    If it's just interest then ask, and you shall receive.
    But invading someones privacy like that? I'd have nothing to hide, but would feel they don't trust me. I leave my phone lying around and am a trustworthy person, and it'd be a terrible thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, i'm not suspicious of anything, nor would his phone interest me that much.

Actually, what I would do, is record something weird as his ringtone and message tone and set it to that, then change his background, and mess with all the settings, and add weird contacts into his phonebook. Cos i'm mature, like.

ReputationRep:
    I'd log them out the second I noticed.

I wouldn't want it to happen to me- why should I do it to them?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    No. He needs his privacy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip)
    If it's just interest then ask, and you shall receive.
    The same. I wouldn't want someone snooping around my phone with out my permission. But is they asked because they're just bored/curious I wouldn't have a problem with them doing it.

ReputationRep:
    If I knew he wouldn't mind, then of course I would. If I thought he might be annoyed by the intrusion into his privacy, then I wouldn't. I wouldn't care if someone went through my phone though - if I send/recieve a message that I don't want anyone else to read, I delete it, so my inbox is mostly full of "can you pick up some milk on your way home" type stuff. And I definitely wouldn't care about Facebook - everyone else can see every conversation you have on there anyway!

Email is different though, I wouldn't look through anyone else's emails. I don't know why.

ReputationRep:
    It depends. Sometimes i'm interested and have a look however sometimes I'm not bothered.

As for someone looking at my phone. Password protection ftw!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.