Turn on thread page Beta

If your partner left their phone at your house... watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Would you check their texts/emails?
    Yes
    53.01%
    No
    18.88%
    I'd be tempted, but no
    28.11%

I have done before, and I found lots of text messages asking this girl what he had to do to 'win her heart' :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    Yeah, of course I would. It's not as if he would find out, and I didn't purposely rack his house for the phone or anything like that. I don't really think there's an issue unless you're looking with "oh my goodness, I bet he has a secret lover!" in mind. I wouldn't be surprized if they did the same to me.

Seriously here- why does everyone pretend to be some kind of saint? Moral of the story: don't leave your phone lying around.
    haha so true. My bf always take my fone with him when he's away to the loo. He plays my game. But i dont really care if he checks my txts. I've looked at his txts once but not because i was checking on him, but just cus i want to see what i've sent him lol.

ReputationRep:
    No, because I imagine they would all be very dull messages anyway.

ReputationRep:
    No. My partner's correspondence is none of my business.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I probably would if he left it at my house. If I was at his and he'd gone off I wouldn't look, no. It'd be simply out of curiosity and boredom. I'd be more likely to play the games he has though :awesome:

I left my phone in my boyfriend's car once and I bet he looked at it, but I couldn't care less. Not like I had anything to hide.

(Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    I'm a nosey *******, so I'd be tempted to, but I think I'd manage to resist the urge
    This.

No. I take privacy very seriously, and if I am to expect people to respect mine, I have to reciprocate.

ReputationRep:
    I probably would. In a relationship, I don't really see a need for that kind of "privacy". In the same way that my mum reads my mail, why shouldn't partners be able to lok at each other's phones?

ReputationRep:
    I would, not because I don't trust her though, just because I'm nosey!

ReputationRep:
    i've done it before. because we had almost broken up one night & he'd been very weird with his phone over the next few days, so i had a look through it while he was in the other room (as anybody would in that situation!) and found a text that i definitely would have wanted to see. He wasn't cheating or anything, it was just a text explaining how he really felt, guys tend to tell you what they want you to hear! But its all good, we made it through it & have just celebrated our 4th anniversary just incase anyone was wondering lol. we both trust each other to look at each others phones, so not such a big deal!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't but she would show me anyway so why would I bother?

ReputationRep:
    I would. I trust him completely, as others have stated- I'm just nosy!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't because I'd be annoyed if he looked at mine (even though I've got nothing to hide). I think privacy should be respected and I can't do one thing, and then expect something else from him.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. My boyfriend left his phone at mine once by accident, and I didn't actually notice until he called me on his home phone to ask me if it was here. I'll admit it did cross my mind, just out of curiosity, but I didn't, and I wouldn't in future. They're his texts, it's none of my business, and I'd be furious if anyone did it to me, just as a matter of principle.

ReputationRep:
    probably not, i would respect her privacy ...

I've logged into my (then) bf's bebo. I knew the pass since he told me then forgot about it.

I went on and found lots of messages, to and from this girl, saying his relationship was bad (it was good that I knew) and that he liked this other girl.

We split up that night. I'm glad I did look otherwise the situation would have been messier.

ReputationRep:
    no, its none of my business

ReputationRep:
    Well what if you werent suspicious in the least. But you looked on their phone anyway and found messages like 'hope you enjoyed the blowy last night bbe x' or something along those lines.
    If you confront him about it, he as the perfect comeback 'why the fruck were you looking on my phone? i dont want to be with you anyway if you cant even trust me'.

And you cant really keep quiet about it if your bf is cheating.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to think i wouldn't, as this scenario hasn't happened to me yet.

ReputationRep:
    I might have a look, just because i'm nosey though. I wouldnt mind if they looked at mine either really, have nothing to hide. I wouldn't be with them in the first place if i didn't trust them enough to assume they weren't cheating on me....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.