Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im an international coming for the Newcastle foundation program in september ^^ Now i have a dilemma of which accommodation to choose.. Can you people help me out ? It is either Henderson hall or Leazes parade

Hopefully there is:
    Good internet speed in the room (im taking single room in either of that)
    Big room space
    shorter distance to the university
    food nearby =DD

**My main priority is to be able to use the internet in my room with a given good speed as i read that there is bad internet connections in Henderson hall?**

which one will you choose? please guide me into that ^^

ReputationRep:
    Henderson Hall is miles away from anywhere worth going....

To the best of my knowledge all ncl halls have pretty good internet, but I think Leazes Parade is only for postgrads...?

ReputationRep:
    The vast majority of Leazes Parade was put over to the INTO program a year or so back.

ReputationRep:
    Yah im going for the INTO programme this year thats why im curious which place should i choose. looks like leazes parade is the best among those two? btw is leazes parade near anywhere i can have easy access for meals?

ReputationRep:
    There is a restaurant next door, fish and chips shops within 5 minutes walk and the city is within 10 minutes walk

ReputationRep:
    thx =DD and one last thing, urmm since i will be there 4 days before the actual enrollment date, can you recommend me any reasonable place to stay with my parents in the city?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by casio101)
    thx =DD and one last thing, urmm since i will be there 4 days before the actual enrollment date, can you recommend me any reasonable place to stay with my parents in the city?
    There's loads of travel lodges etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I have just finished foundation course in INTO ^ ^
    I lived in Leazes Parade!
    I see u have already chosen between LP and Handerson Hall =)
    LP is a good choice! u won't regret!

Good luck! ^ ^

ReputationRep:
    nicknameless, i have sent u a message. hope you can take a look at it ^^

University open days

1. Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  2. Northumbria University
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
  3. Northumbria University
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.