Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    right, me and ma boyf used to kiss in school (hes in the yr below me, i should b in it too but my birthday is a day before the year change). Its a secondary school with a 6th form (which im in)

we were always moaned at by the teachers saying its not appropriate etc and even tho we thought "cow man!" we toned it down. (we only kissed the end of break and lunch to say goodbye) NOW, wer told not to even cuddle or hold hands because "its a bad example to the school" whaaaaat? wud they rather us grow up unsociable and fightin itstead of avin a little emotion towards people?

Its not like we grope 4 bananas sake! we held hands and cuddled and as told that! not on in my opinion!

ReputationRep:
    take it im the only one who thinks that then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    take it im the only one who thinks that then
    no, your not. I agree. What they're saying is that people should not touch each other in any way, shape or form, yes? Its just that theres all this stuff about teenage pregancy and stuff... its a bit wierd...
    Lyd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    right, me and ma boyf used to kiss in school (hes in the yr below me, i should b in it too but my birthday is a day before the year change). Its a secondary school with a 6th form (which im in)

we were always moaned at by the teachers saying its not appropriate etc and even tho we thought "cow man!" we toned it down. (we only kissed the end of break and lunch to say goodbye) NOW, wer told not to even cuddle or hold hands because "its a bad example to the school" whaaaaat? wud they rather us grow up unsociable and fightin itstead of avin a little emotion towards people?

Its not like we grope 4 bananas sake! we held hands and cuddled and as told that! not on in my opinion!
    Yeah, your school's silly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    Yeah, your school's silly.
    School isn't the best of places to express your emotions towards other people.

ReputationRep:
    thats not fair at all, people are getting over-protective and over sensitive towards young people nowadays (god, i say that like i am an old man!) heard on radio 4 the other night that some major department stores are hiring elves as well as santas this year, the elves will be there to insure that santa doesnt "manhandle" the children....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jesus09)
    School isn't the best of places to express your emotions towards other people.
    Why not? fair, PDAs in school aren't appropriate, but what's wrong with holding hands? School's not just about academia, but about learning to be a worthwhile human being, and how can you be that without expressing emotion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    thats not fair at all, people are getting over-protective and over sensitive towards young people nowadays (god, i say that like i am an old man!) heard on radio 4 the other night that some major department stores are hiring elves as well as santas this year, the elves will be there to insure that santa doesnt "manhandle" the children....
    Omigod! what is the world coming to? (now i sound like an old woman :rolleyes: ) which department stores?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    Omigod! what is the world coming to? (now i sound like an old woman :rolleyes: ) which department stores?
    didnt say, prob places like john lewis,debenhams etc. it said many so it isnt just one.

santas get £15 an hour, elves get £10 lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    didnt say, prob places like john lewis,debenhams etc. it said many so it isnt just one.

santas get £15 an hour, elves get £10 lol
    Per HOUR??!!! :eek: Man, i gotta get me one of those jobs...reckon they've got a full complement of staff yet anyone?? if i get it i promise to post what store im in so you can laugh at my elf-ness

ReputationRep:
    i think i would make a good santa lol,

for £15 an hour i would make sure i was an EXCELLENT santa

ReputationRep:
    There's always been something a bit dodgy about santa anyway... i wonder if elves get bonuses for catching santa being inappropriate? That'd be sweet, you just have to bust some santa's and then tell your story to the papers... sorry i mean the Daily Mail... then you could make up that outrageout £5 difference between you and santa. Why's a fat potential kiddy fiddler getting a fiver more than an honest friendly elf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spc_K)
    There's always been something a bit dodgy about santa anyway... i wonder if elves get bonuses for catching santa being inappropriate? That'd be sweet, you just have to bust some santa's and then tell your story to the papers... sorry i mean the Daily Mail... then you could make up that outrageout £5 difference between you and santa. Why's a fat potential kiddy fiddler getting a fiver more than an honest friendly elf?
    santas the main attraction, no kid goes to see the point eared man in green do they?

ReputationRep:
    had the same prob with my gf, apart from we basically ignored the teachers or insulted them- that got me in trouble!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.