This discussion is closed.
lumpycustard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
right, me and ma boyf used to kiss in school (hes in the yr below me, i should b in it too but my birthday is a day before the year change). Its a secondary school with a 6th form (which im in)

we were always moaned at by the teachers saying its not appropriate etc and even tho we thought "cow man!" we toned it down. (we only kissed the end of break and lunch to say goodbye) NOW, wer told not to even cuddle or hold hands because "its a bad example to the school" whaaaaat? wud they rather us grow up unsociable and fightin itstead of avin a little emotion towards people?

Its not like we grope 4 bananas sake! we held hands and cuddled and as told that! not on in my opinion!
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
take it im the only one who thinks that then
giddylid1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
take it im the only one who thinks that then
no, your not. I agree. What they're saying is that people should not touch each other in any way, shape or form, yes? Its just that theres all this stuff about teenage pregancy and stuff... its a bit wierd...
Lyd
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
right, me and ma boyf used to kiss in school (hes in the yr below me, i should b in it too but my birthday is a day before the year change). Its a secondary school with a 6th form (which im in)

we were always moaned at by the teachers saying its not appropriate etc and even tho we thought "cow man!" we toned it down. (we only kissed the end of break and lunch to say goodbye) NOW, wer told not to even cuddle or hold hands because "its a bad example to the school" whaaaaat? wud they rather us grow up unsociable and fightin itstead of avin a little emotion towards people?

Its not like we grope 4 bananas sake! we held hands and cuddled and as told that! not on in my opinion!
Yeah, your school's silly.
Jesus09
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
Yeah, your school's silly.
School isn't the best of places to express your emotions towards other people.
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
thats not fair at all, people are getting over-protective and over sensitive towards young people nowadays (god, i say that like i am an old man!) heard on radio 4 the other night that some major department stores are hiring elves as well as santas this year, the elves will be there to insure that santa doesnt "manhandle" the children....
serendipity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jesus09)
School isn't the best of places to express your emotions towards other people.
Why not? fair, PDAs in school aren't appropriate, but what's wrong with holding hands? School's not just about academia, but about learning to be a worthwhile human being, and how can you be that without expressing emotion?
serendipity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
thats not fair at all, people are getting over-protective and over sensitive towards young people nowadays (god, i say that like i am an old man!) heard on radio 4 the other night that some major department stores are hiring elves as well as santas this year, the elves will be there to insure that santa doesnt "manhandle" the children....
Omigod! what is the world coming to? (now i sound like an old woman :rolleyes: ) which department stores?
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
Omigod! what is the world coming to? (now i sound like an old woman :rolleyes: ) which department stores?
didnt say, prob places like john lewis,debenhams etc. it said many so it isnt just one.

santas get £15 an hour, elves get £10 lol
serendipity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
didnt say, prob places like john lewis,debenhams etc. it said many so it isnt just one.

santas get £15 an hour, elves get £10 lol
Per HOUR??!!! :eek: Man, i gotta get me one of those jobs...reckon they've got a full complement of staff yet anyone?? if i get it i promise to post what store im in so you can laugh at my elf-ness
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i think i would make a good santa lol,

for £15 an hour i would make sure i was an EXCELLENT santa
Spc_K
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
There's always been something a bit dodgy about santa anyway... i wonder if elves get bonuses for catching santa being inappropriate? That'd be sweet, you just have to bust some santa's and then tell your story to the papers... sorry i mean the Daily Mail... then you could make up that outrageout £5 difference between you and santa. Why's a fat potential kiddy fiddler getting a fiver more than an honest friendly elf?
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Spc_K)
There's always been something a bit dodgy about santa anyway... i wonder if elves get bonuses for catching santa being inappropriate? That'd be sweet, you just have to bust some santa's and then tell your story to the papers... sorry i mean the Daily Mail... then you could make up that outrageout £5 difference between you and santa. Why's a fat potential kiddy fiddler getting a fiver more than an honest friendly elf?
santas the main attraction, no kid goes to see the point eared man in green do they?
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
had the same prob with my gf, apart from we basically ignored the teachers or insulted them- that got me in trouble!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (141)
46.23%
Take exams next summer (46)
15.08%
Change uni choice through clearing (73)
23.93%
Apply to uni next year instead (31)
10.16%
I'm not applying to university (14)
4.59%

Watched Threads