Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls; which of these would be better for the second "date". Watch

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, I apologise for using the word "date". I hate it. But basically I went out with a girl for the first time the other day. She actually called it a date so meh.

We went for coffee, then ended up going for drinks too. Then we decided we were hungry and went to a Japanese restaurant and had sushi! Then went back to hers and watched some movies.

I don't know how to top that, and I want to keep her interested.

She's always having friends round and cooking for them, so I figured that I could either cook a meal for her (Yes, I can actually cook :3) or weather permitting, I could put together a picnic kind of thing with foods I know she likes, since she lives in the center of the city and I live pretty much on the outside more into the countryside. There's some nice places we could go.

Finally, is this idea really lame? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    which city, coz i have sum niice places to see and things to do in some

ReputationRep:
    picnic ftw
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Boombastic)
    which city, coz i have sum niice places to see and things to do in some
    I live just outside Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    It's a nice idea...possibly a bit too full on for a 2nd date though?

ReputationRep:
    PICNIC! And if you can, find some duckies to feed :love:

ReputationRep:
    Invite her to your countryside house and serve food for her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsystoleUK)
    Firstly, I apologise for using the word "date". I hate it. But basically I went out with a girl for the first time the other day. She actually called it a date so meh.

We went for coffee, then ended up going for drinks too. Then we decided we were hungry and went to a Japanese restaurant and had sushi! Then went back to hers and watched some movies.

She's always having friends round and cooking for them, so I figured that I could either cook a meal for her (Yes, I can actually cook :3) or weather permitting, I could put together a picnic kind of thing with foods I know she likes, since she lives in the center of the city and I live pretty much on the outside more into the countryside. There's some nice places we could go.

Id say a picnic, but with english weather im not to sure ... but if its a nice day go with the picnic, its something different !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    It's a nice idea...possibly a bit too full on for a 2nd date though?
    Hmm that had crossed my mind. I just feel like the first went so well that I have to live up to that now :3

ReputationRep:
    really cute, go for it!

ReputationRep:
    Easy one. The picnic! and take a little outdoor radio or mp3 speakers or something too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine reggae)
    Easy one. The picnic! and take a little outdoor radio or mp3 speakers or something too.
    This, especially the bit in bold.

ReputationRep:
    The picnic sounds extremely romantic, but I don’t think its enough I mean for your first date you and her went to so many places...

ReputationRep:
    trying to top the 1st date is never a good way to go about things.
    what about the 3rd 4th and 5th date??? you will be flying her to paris next!
    just think of something thats fun and that both of you will enjoy - the 1st date seems like it went well just because you went with the flow??

btw i think the picnic is a cute idea!

ReputationRep:
    Take her round the countryside then a nice picnic!

ReputationRep:
    Mixture of food she likes and food you've made for her in a picnic.
    Picnics are awesome.
    You sound like a pretty good... I don't know what you'd call it... "date partner". :p:
    Good luck, you sound lovely

ReputationRep:

Personally I think picnics are VERY lame, but apparantly we females like this sort of thing :rolleyes:

I think you go with the cook-a-meal-for-her plan.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Picnic!

ReputationRep:
    The picnic idea is a win for me, and it can be un-cringey, un-lame and not too full on if you do it right I reckon! Just keep it quite simple and sweet and maybe not somewhere too secluded in the countryside haha.

ReputationRep:
    I really like the picnic idea. Show her that you're not one of these guys who is scared to do 'romantic' things.

If the weather isn't so great.. the cooking dinner suggestion is a good back up.. but I would only do that if you have your own place. Might seem a bit full on if you invite her to your family home where she may 'meet the parents' on a second date.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.