Turn on thread page Beta

Girls; which of these would be better for the second "date". watch

ReputationRep:
    Definitely go for the picnic! I wouldn't say it is at all full on, just sweet

ReputationRep:
    The picnic sounds awesome, i'd love to be taken on a picnic (hmm will drop hints when see boyfriend later!) Even if the weather sucks, have an indoor picnic instead, like go to a art gallery or something and picnic in there, hehehe.

ReputationRep:
    I think cooking is a good idea if you both enjoy it, how about meeting her and going to a supermarket to buy stuff to cook then cooking the meal together? It's a little more unusual and it means you can spend more time together! Then if it's sunny that day you can go outside (if you have somewhere to sit outside) and make it a little more picnic-like but if it's wet and rainy you can stay inside. Plus then after the meal you have the option of doing more stuff eg watching a film etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_woozle)
    picnic ftw
    x
    this

ReputationRep:
    When picking food for the picnic, is it better to,
    a) go shopping together
    b)ask her what food she likes
    C) discretely ask her what food she likes and have a surprise picnic

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone :awesome: :love:

ReputationRep:
    I think both ideas are good! If the weather's good, go with the picnic because it sounds like more fun :p:

ReputationRep:
    Both seem like really nice ideas. Only do the picnic if its nice weather though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsystoleUK)
    Firstly, I apologise for using the word "date". I hate it. But basically I went out with a girl for the first time the other day. She actually called it a date so meh.

We went for coffee, then ended up going for drinks too. Then we decided we were hungry and went to a Japanese restaurant and had sushi! Then went back to hers and watched some movies.

I don't know how to top that, and I want to keep her interested.

She's always having friends round and cooking for them, so I figured that I could either cook a meal for her (Yes, I can actually cook :3) or weather permitting, I could put together a picnic kind of thing with foods I know she likes, since she lives in the center of the city and I live pretty much on the outside more into the countryside. There's some nice places we could go.

Finally, is this idea really lame? :rolleyes:
    The picnic ideas cute, get a nice bottle of wine too :yep:

I like midnight picnics under the stars with candles, however, she'll get the wrong impression :rolleyes:

BTW, love the sig :clip:.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.