Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Microgynon 30 - weight gain and temperature Watch

ReputationRep:
    I didn't gain weight, but I did find it difficult to continue loosing weight as I had been before - I was on WW, and it almost spontaneously stopped the moment I went on the pill, and now I'm off it, I've carried on losing weight. I never got any hot flushes. It will have different effects on different people though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    That probably has nothing to do with Microgynon.
    Hmm, maybe not, but my doctor has advised me to go on a different pill
    I honestly dont know what caused the weight gain then, i havent been doing anything differently. I suppose the up side is i havent changed measurement/sizing wise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Oh yea, this as well - I went from a D to an E/EE.
    This happened for me too, C cup to E

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.Crystal.x)
    I honestly dont know what caused the weight gain then, i havent been doing anything differently. I suppose the up side is i havent changed measurement/sizing wise.
    It's pretty standard for girls in their early twenties to gain weight.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by x.Crystal.x)

It would be stranger if someone didn't gain weight between 18-21.

ReputationRep:
    Just got switched onto Loestrin (still combined pill but with way less oestrogen) and the weight is dropping off. Lost 3kg (over 6 and a half pounds) in a week and a half with no change in diet. Switch now!!

ReputationRep:
    Haha I JUST started taking it today :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh and before I started taking it, I asked my doctor about the weight gain issue and he said that weight gain isn't a side effect from the pill, it's increased appetite. So, just a little willpower and hopefully I'll be fine :p:

If I go gain weight, I hope it's in the boob area coz I've lost 2 stone and dropped a cup size

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty standard for girls in their early twenties to gain weight.
    It would be stranger if someone didn't gain weight between 18-21.
    How come girls put on weight between those ages?

It does make sense though because a lot of girls i used to know have put on weight in some way or other...not necessarily in the bad sense. I just don't actually understand why this generally happens. The only thing i did know is that girls put on weight before they hit puberty and before their growth spurt.

ReputationRep:
    I get hot flushes just walking down the street.

ReputationRep:
    I've just started taking microgynon and was actually sick the first evening after taking it in the morning. I was scared to take my second one the next day but i did. I Carried on taking it and havent had any problems so far. One thing i have noticed which im not to bothered about is my breasts seem to be slightly bigger already? And I feel my appetite has gone up a lot, I'm hoping to gain some extra pounds. so far im happy with microgynon. X

ReputationRep:
    My GP told me that the main reason why those on Microgynon put on weight is because they eat unhealthy food. The pill can increase your appetite but that in itself doesn't make you gain weight - it's what you choose to eat that determines any weight gain. If you decide to eat junk food to satisfy your appetite rather than nuts, fruit, slow-releasing carbs, of course you're going to put some weight on.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.