Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As said before its only a component and a tool in the selection. If I was running admissions I wouldn't use it as a rigid filter of applicants, more of comparitor for a UCAS form, i.e. UCAS might show great grades and a good statement with Work experience, that might over rule a slightly less advantageous UKCAT score, perhap vice versa too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by member5)
    hi

I jus got my ukcat result and i didnt do dat great:
    VR 460
    QR 420
    AR 540
    DA 670

average result of 522

I know it aint that great but i feel as if i have got a strong application for entry in 2010 but will this bring me down:confused:

Iam hopin to apply to birmingham, sheffiled, leeds, and bristol or newcastle

Especially for those who got into dentistry with ukcat scores like mine

Thanks

well birmingham and bristol dont use the UKCAT so it doesnt matter for those

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KirstyJK)
    It isnt VERY wrong, I got an average of 590, which i dont think is that great, an i got an offer from sheffield, my GCSE'S are also rubbish.
    Hey, I want to do dentistry also, just waiting for offers (i've had interviews at Sheffield, Dundee and Barts). I got 610 on the UKCAT, what were your gcse results exatly because mine are quite bad!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.