Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

boyfriend is 'thinking about our future' watch

so i've just got off the phone with my boyfriend and tbh i feel a bit sick so i'm sorry if this doesn't make sense. we were together for a year and a half but broke up last summer because we were long distance and it wasn't working. we went our separate ways and didn't talk for a while but then circumstances changed in december. he failed a year of uni and opted to start again at the uni i was at. he said he still loved me and wanted us to try again. i was so in love with him but i still had some reservations.

he came up to see me loads. he was amazing and the perfect boyfriend really. but since i've left uni for the summer, he's got a new job which is really long hours and often leaves him tired and grumpy and we haven't been getting on that great. we keep arguing (mainly my fault tbh, i get insecure and paranoid that his feelings about me have changed). we had yet another argument before and it all blew up in my face with him saying that he didn't know what he wanted anymore.

he called me a little later. he was gentle and understanding but said he really didn't know what he wanted anymore. he said he loved me and that he wanted to be with me. but not if it was going to carry on like this. i understand this, put it down to us having been apart for so long (about a month and a half) and i've promised to change. but he then went on to say that he didn't know whether it would even work when we're both at the same uni. he's on a very demanding course and he wants to make friends aswell. which i understand completely. but he said he doesn't know how often we'll get to see eachother and can see me sniping at him and getting pissed off because he can't see me very often.

to which i replied that i have my own friends at uni, my own life and will be in second year and so will have alot more work. i won't need to be with him all the time. but he just seems so unsure whether we will work and i'm so scared he's going to break up with me. how can i convince him that it WILL work and that i won't need to be with him all the time and that if he loves me he should want to be with me.

there's so much stuff going round in my head. so many angry, accusing thoughts aswell as devastated ones. but all i want right now is to convince my boyfriend that we will work and that i'm going to change. please help me TSR i'm desperate.

ReputationRep:
    You need to get rid of these thoughts by just telling him straight out that you still want to be with him.

(Original post by Gibb~)
    You need to get rid of these thoughts by just telling him straight out that you still want to be with him.
    he knows i do. he knows that he means the world to me and that i'd do anything for him. and yet he's still having these thoughts

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.