Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My car tax runs out at the end of this month (july) and ive still not recieved my reminder from the DVLA so i can pay via phone or online

I changed my address about 7 months ago, but is there a certain time of the month they give these letters out, or is mine very late?!

ReputationRep:
    I had mine at the beginning of the month so yes your is late, did they definitely change your address? Have you got the new V5 with your new address on it?

Oh and you can still apply for the disc online without the reminder.

ReputationRep:
    ive not recieved a new V5, i just got my licence back..its not arrived at my previous address either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    ive not recieved a new V5, i just got my licence back..its not arrived at my previous address either
    Where is your V5? Did you post it off to get the address changed and you've not had it returned?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    Where is your V5? Did you post it off to get the address changed and you've not had it returned?

I never sent off the V5, i rang up and just got told to send off my licence, i renewed my tax in january no problem (when i'd moved)

I dont think i even know where my v5 is..

ReputationRep:
    I got mine at the start of the month too. Ring them?

ReputationRep:
    I never sent off the V5, i rang up and just got told to send off my licence, i renewed my tax in january no problem (when i'd moved)

I dont think i even know where my v5 is..
    Your driving license is separate from the car taxing and registering, it is important you know where the V5 is and you do need to send it off to get the address changed see: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...ate/DG_4022055

So your tax reminder has been sent to where ever DVLA thinks the car is registered.

If you have lost the V5 see here http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...cle/DG_4022404

I would recommend maybe giving them a call. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Your driving liscense is separate from the car taxing and registering, it is important you know where the V5 is and you do need to send it off to get the address changed see: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...ate/DG_4022055

So your tax reminder has been sent to where ever DVLA thinks the car is registered.

If you have lost the V5 see here http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...cle/DG_4022404

I would recommend maybe giving them a call. Hope this helps.

but its not been sent there though, my previous address was in bristol, where my parents live and its not arrived there!

ReputationRep:
    but its not been sent there though, my previous address was in bristol, where my parents live and its not arrived there!
    :confused: Call them?

edit: Dvla, not your parents :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    :confused: Call them?

edit: Dvla, not your parents :tongue:

well, lol JUST called my parents....to double check

turns out my airhead of a mother totally forget about the fact this letter had arrived a week ago, and had left it on my 'tray'...along with V5 etc...

Im blaming this cuffufle on my silly mother...

ReputationRep:
    So what?
    Go to the post office with your V5, insurance certificate, MOT certificate and some cash.

Whats the problem?

You will need to change the address on the V5c when you've taxed it, though.

ReputationRep:
    you can pay online or in person if they havent sent a reminder, although it will go to your old address if online.

ReputationRep:
    my tax reminder has been sent to the previous owner eventhough i've had the V5C through, and only arrived two days ago. thankfully i work with her so she can just bring it in for me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.