Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know its a long shot because theres about 20 in a year group, but anyone else starting the BMus or BEd this year at Glasgow Uni in September?

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting the BMus

I was wondering if there were going to be any others on here!

Which one are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    I'm BMUs, first study Trombonist.

So glad to have found one other music fresher!

:w00t:

ReputationRep:
    Me too - makes it seem a little more real

I'll no doubt meet you then, I'm a tuba player - 'mon the low brass!

ReputationRep:
    I know 2 people who are doing the BMus both play the trumpet.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm, all we need is a horn player and we have a freshers brass quintet!

ReputationRep:
    yaas, get some gigs going and the performance diarys done before christmas lol.

ReputationRep:
    ... maybe i'll be the only Woodwind player haha! I play the flute and I'm on the BMus
    So excited!! Any of yous staying in halls? Do you know what the practise rooms are like/timing for practise rooms?!

ReputationRep:
    Woo! another one - fancy learning the horn?

I am indeed staying in halls, Murano Street

The timing for practise rooms - no idea. I'd imagine we'd all get a fair shot. Kind of essential from my point of view with a tuba - I'm not taking that back and forth from Murano Street!

ReputationRep:
    Haha! I can't play any brass instrument to save myself, woodwind is where it's at haha! You have facebook? If so you should add me, would be nice to get to know at least one person before uni starts! Fid me if you do - Kayleigh Fraser. awk I'm in qm halls, I get an ensuite room.. So much nicer than murano I thought anyway lol! Ah fair point about the lugging of instrument, I'm very very glad I play such a nice wee instrument you should learn the flute!

ReputationRep:
    Its why I started the piano - get to the point where its so big that they actually provide one in the practice rooms, unfortunately, I'm not good enough at it to make it my first study I'm not sure I could deal with the flute - its the key clusters on woodwind that scare me.

Will have a wee search on facebook.

I chose Murano for two reasons - cheapness and parties

edit - searched facebook and there are many Kayleigh Frases and I can't tell which one is you

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.