Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wickendale)
    never being able to find trousers to fit.
    Oh that just sucks doesn't it.
    I also happen to be tall but have long legs too! and a short body!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vander Beth)
    This thread makes me sad. :'(
    Ditto

ReputationRep:
    5,11ftish, but height doesn't really bother me that much, especially if I liked the person enough, although, I do prefer slighlty smaller girls!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vander Beth)
    This thread makes me sad. :'(
    Agreed. I'm 5'11 and the only perks I find are the length of my legs (but even that has it's problems - see trouser/skirt issues) and being able to see over people at gigs.

I don't mind if a guy is a few inches shorter than me as long as he's cool with the fact I still wear heels unless he specifically asks me not to. I like my high heels and what they do for my posture too much to give them up completely!

I have a mare with trousers and dresses too. I went into Lipsy the other day and was despairing at how short some of their dresses are. Anything shorter than 33" is too short for me to wear as a dress, as I once ended up finding out a la ASOS. I need 36" leg jeans as well, thankfully Dorothy Perkins jeans are a nice fit on me

I do enjoy being tall sometimes, because with being a tad bit bigger I can carry a tiny bit extra weight and it's much less noticeable than someone a foot shorter the same size as me.

ReputationRep:
    I duno...8 foot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeonecalledJohnny)
    6ft 7 then she'd be 2 inches smaller than me, but I wouldn't have to bend down!
    :love:

ReputationRep:
    6ft 7 then she'd be 2 inches smaller than me, but I wouldn't have to bend down!
    6'9, jesus bro. Don't mean to be rude or anything but do you like being that tall? Or ever see people taller than you? I don't think I'd want to be over 6'4 tbh!

ReputationRep:
    According to some psychologists, men, on average, want their ideal woman to be 4 inches shorter than they are, whilst women want their ideal man to be 6 inchers taller than them. You do the math. Also, don't quote me on this because I have no idea where I got it from. I think someone told me it, or I read it somewhere. Either way I trusted the source.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_red_sox)
    :love:
    (Original post by revisionnightmare)
    6'9, jesus bro. Don't mean to be rude or anything but do you like being that tall? Or ever see people taller than you? I don't think I'd want to be over 6'4 tbh!
    I seen one guy in london who was at a freak show ironically who was 7ft 3 and gave me directs, we were just about eye level with each other and one guy in the supermarket about a year ago who was 6ft 10 not much in it because I had a mohawk at the time.

I love being tall

I can change light bulbs without a ladder, reach the top shelf where everything good is , Rarely get ID'd and get some pretty special attention.

Plus I don't get Whose Johnny.

Just You Know Giant Johnny, right?

It's a Bummer no one can sit behind me in the car and that I can't afford anything big or nice enough at the moment and plus can't even get in a RX8 or Lotus.

But I like being me

Just getting shoes to fit is a ******* Size 17s aren't easy to come by.

My Jeans are good plenty of Levis 36 Waist 36 Legs, Irregular fit < That label did make me feel bad, but I love threads like this and being me

Oh yes, what's the embarrassed love smiley about?

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is 6'3 or 4 and therefore me being 5' 10" works out pretty well! Being tall is great

ReputationRep:
    Ah, mate, at least you like it! I have issues with banging my head etc at 6'1 (may be a bit taller) and I wouldn't say I'm even that tall. My doctor though was like 'you should have another growth spurt' (yay ) As for clothes I can semi-sympathise because I'm very broad due to genetics and exercise, so I need to buy too big height wise to fit me. Pah.

How tall are your parents?

ReputationRep:
    what do you think about the 'perfect'-most desirable height for a girl?
    i am 1.65-1.66, am I short for a guy who is 1.70/1.73?

ReputationRep:

Oh yes, what's the embarrassed love smiley about?
    I feel like a royal pervert now I know how old you are - Suffice to say you'd probably get some unwanted attention from me should I bump into you on a night out! Ha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by revisionnightmare)
    Ah, mate, at least you like it! I have issues with banging my head etc at 6'1 (may be a bit taller) and I wouldn't say I'm even that tall. My doctor though was like 'you should have another growth spurt' (yay ) As for clothes I can semi-sympathise because I'm very broad due to genetics and exercise, so I need to buy too big height wise to fit me. Pah.

How tall are your parents?
    5ft 6 and 6ft 1?

ReputationRep:
    I feel like a royal pervert now I know how old you are - Suffice to say you'd probably some unwanted attention from me should I bump into you on a night out! Ha!
    Get in, attention from a babe I'd very much enjoy that....

ReputationRep:
    Flattery gets you everywhere, Johnny.

ReputationRep:
    Flattery gets you everywhere, Johnny.
    Does it really :P

A PHD too....

Very Very Tempting....

It's a shame I'm only a ickle boy still xD

ReputationRep:
    Im 5'9 / 5'10 and my boyfriend is 5'8.

He isnt bothered and neither am I tbh,.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seagram__)
    what do you think about the 'perfect'-most desirable height for a girl?
    i am 1.65-1.66, am I short for a guy who is 1.70/1.73?
    5'4 isn't short for a girl. So no?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm Jodie Kidd

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.