Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wickendale)
    never being able to find trousers to fit.
    Oh that just sucks doesn't it.
    I also happen to be tall but have long legs too! and a short body!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vander Beth)
    This thread makes me sad. :'(
    Ditto

ReputationRep:
    5,11ftish, but height doesn't really bother me that much, especially if I liked the person enough, although, I do prefer slighlty smaller girls!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vander Beth)
    This thread makes me sad. :'(
    Agreed. I'm 5'11 and the only perks I find are the length of my legs (but even that has it's problems - see trouser/skirt issues) and being able to see over people at gigs.

I don't mind if a guy is a few inches shorter than me as long as he's cool with the fact I still wear heels unless he specifically asks me not to. I like my high heels and what they do for my posture too much to give them up completely!

I have a mare with trousers and dresses too. I went into Lipsy the other day and was despairing at how short some of their dresses are. Anything shorter than 33" is too short for me to wear as a dress, as I once ended up finding out a la ASOS. I need 36" leg jeans as well, thankfully Dorothy Perkins jeans are a nice fit on me

I do enjoy being tall sometimes, because with being a tad bit bigger I can carry a tiny bit extra weight and it's much less noticeable than someone a foot shorter the same size as me.

ReputationRep:
    I duno...8 foot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeonecalledJohnny)
    6ft 7 then she'd be 2 inches smaller than me, but I wouldn't have to bend down!
    :love:

ReputationRep:
    6ft 7 then she'd be 2 inches smaller than me, but I wouldn't have to bend down!
    6'9, jesus bro. Don't mean to be rude or anything but do you like being that tall? Or ever see people taller than you? I don't think I'd want to be over 6'4 tbh!

ReputationRep:
    According to some psychologists, men, on average, want their ideal woman to be 4 inches shorter than they are, whilst women want their ideal man to be 6 inchers taller than them. You do the math. Also, don't quote me on this because I have no idea where I got it from. I think someone told me it, or I read it somewhere. Either way I trusted the source.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_red_sox)
    :love:
    (Original post by revisionnightmare)
    6'9, jesus bro. Don't mean to be rude or anything but do you like being that tall? Or ever see people taller than you? I don't think I'd want to be over 6'4 tbh!
    I seen one guy in london who was at a freak show ironically who was 7ft 3 and gave me directs, we were just about eye level with each other and one guy in the supermarket about a year ago who was 6ft 10 not much in it because I had a mohawk at the time.

I love being tall

I can change light bulbs without a ladder, reach the top shelf where everything good is , Rarely get ID'd and get some pretty special attention.

Plus I don't get Whose Johnny.

Just You Know Giant Johnny, right?

It's a Bummer no one can sit behind me in the car and that I can't afford anything big or nice enough at the moment and plus can't even get in a RX8 or Lotus.

But I like being me

Just getting shoes to fit is a ******* Size 17s aren't easy to come by.

My Jeans are good plenty of Levis 36 Waist 36 Legs, Irregular fit < That label did make me feel bad, but I love threads like this and being me

Oh yes, what's the embarrassed love smiley about?

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is 6'3 or 4 and therefore me being 5' 10" works out pretty well! Being tall is great

ReputationRep:
    Ah, mate, at least you like it! I have issues with banging my head etc at 6'1 (may be a bit taller) and I wouldn't say I'm even that tall. My doctor though was like 'you should have another growth spurt' (yay ) As for clothes I can semi-sympathise because I'm very broad due to genetics and exercise, so I need to buy too big height wise to fit me. Pah.

How tall are your parents?

ReputationRep:
    what do you think about the 'perfect'-most desirable height for a girl?
    i am 1.65-1.66, am I short for a guy who is 1.70/1.73?

ReputationRep:

Oh yes, what's the embarrassed love smiley about?
    I feel like a royal pervert now I know how old you are - Suffice to say you'd probably get some unwanted attention from me should I bump into you on a night out! Ha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by revisionnightmare)
    Ah, mate, at least you like it! I have issues with banging my head etc at 6'1 (may be a bit taller) and I wouldn't say I'm even that tall. My doctor though was like 'you should have another growth spurt' (yay ) As for clothes I can semi-sympathise because I'm very broad due to genetics and exercise, so I need to buy too big height wise to fit me. Pah.

How tall are your parents?
    5ft 6 and 6ft 1?

ReputationRep:
    I feel like a royal pervert now I know how old you are - Suffice to say you'd probably some unwanted attention from me should I bump into you on a night out! Ha!
    Get in, attention from a babe I'd very much enjoy that....

ReputationRep:
    Flattery gets you everywhere, Johnny.

ReputationRep:
    Flattery gets you everywhere, Johnny.
    Does it really :P

A PHD too....

Very Very Tempting....

It's a shame I'm only a ickle boy still xD

ReputationRep:
    Im 5'9 / 5'10 and my boyfriend is 5'8.

He isnt bothered and neither am I tbh,.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seagram__)
    what do you think about the 'perfect'-most desirable height for a girl?
    i am 1.65-1.66, am I short for a guy who is 1.70/1.73?
    5'4 isn't short for a girl. So no?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm Jodie Kidd

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.