Turn on thread page Beta

My offer for IFRM at Cass is AAB.. i got ABB.. i don't know if they're gonna reject me straight up or wait and see.. i do know that each year they've let people in with ABB.. i just hope i'm one of the lucky ones and they understand my case..

but my point is.. each year Act. Sci has gone into clearing and people have got in with ABB.. if i do not get into IFRM, would i be able to go for Act. Sci. or would they not consider me because they rejected me from IFRM?

Cheers..

ReputationRep:
    I suggest emailing admissions and explaining your situation, they'll be able to let you know your position. I don't think a rejection from IFRM would exclude you from Act Sci at clearing.

ReputationRep:
    Ali, I don't know anyone with ABB who got rejected from IFRM, let me put it like that. Good luck, hope for the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali M)
    My offer for IFRM at Cass is AAB.. i got ABB.. i don't know if they're gonna reject me straight up or wait and see.. i do know that each year they've let people in with ABB.. i just hope i'm one of the lucky ones and they understand my case..

but my point is.. each year Act. Sci has gone into clearing and people have got in with ABB.. if i do not get into IFRM, would i be able to go for Act. Sci. or would they not consider me because they rejected me from IFRM?

Cheers..
    how do you know what you got already?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mos Def)
    Ali, I don't know anyone with ABB who got rejected from IFRM, let me put it like that. Good luck, hope for the best.
    I think most people at Cass don't know very many Cass rejects either :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mos Def)
    Didn't they increase the offer from ABB to AAB this year?

ReputationRep:
    i think that they will reject you ... but you can apply for Act. from clearing...

ReputationRep:
    Try and speech them then, at least thats what am planning on doing come results day. Im about 75% sure that i haven't met my offer so i already got all the speech that i'll be given them worked out in my head already, along with a doctors note as proof. Desperate times calls for desperate measures lol.

ReputationRep:
    Don't they let a lot of ABB people in, I know they did a few years back (personally knew someone who got in with ABC), what was it like last August? Did many people with ABB still get in?

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who just missed his grades at IB. When he emailed Cass, they told him that it is very much possible for them to put him in a wait list. Might take longer for them to reply such students but Cass will see the overall grades and response this year and then decide what to do with those who just missed their offer. About Actuarial Science, it might again go into clearing but I'm not sure if they even lower their grades.

ReputationRep:
    One course they like to throw IFRM "rejects" (mostly internal transfers) on is Investment Analysis and Insurance.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 27, 2009

University open days

1. City, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.