Turn on thread page Beta

Burger Sauce vs Ketchup watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically, last year my friends introduced me to burger sauce on chips. When I ate it, I think I died and went to heaven because it was so effing good. Now I'm using it for everything instead of ketchup but my brothers think that I am mad. Am I right in believing that ketchup is past its sell-by-date and that burger sauce is the way forward?

Your opinions please.

ReputationRep:
    What the hell is burger sauce?

ReputationRep:
    Be non-comformist. Go for the lovely burger sauce.

ReputationRep:
    Burger sauce FTW. What brand do you use? Are you talking about the tomato-flavored so-called "Burger Relish", or rather the mayo-based "burger sauce", kinda like the one they use on BigMacs? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BramsSTFU)
    What the hell is burger sauce?
    Its that stuff that looks like a creamy orange colour with herbs in it- sorta looks like baby sick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    Burger sauce FTW. What brand do you use? Are you talking about the tomato-flavored so-called "Burger Relish", or rather the mayo-based "burger sauce", kinda like the one they use on BigMacs? :confused:
    I don't know actually. They have it at my local fried chicken shop so I just buy like 5 bottles from them. I've forgotten the name of the supplier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet by and by)
    Its that stuff that looks like a creamy orange colour with herbs in it- sorta looks like baby sick?
    Burger Mayooo. Yeah I know that. It has gherkins and dill and stuff in it. MUCH better than nasty ketchup.

PS baby sick is white and looks like pancake batter LOL

ReputationRep:
    I have ketchup literally everyday :awesome:
    Ketchup is awesome :coma: and so is mayo :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BramsSTFU)
    Burger Mayooo. Yeah I know that. It has gherkins and dill and stuff in it. MUCH better than nasty ketchup.

PS baby sick is white and looks like pancake batter LOL
    Oops ment to say baby food- a baby would have issues if it was puking herbs :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    I don't know actually. They have it at my local fried chicken shop so I just buy like 5 bottles from them. I've forgotten the name of the supplier.
    Oh, cool. Is it the mayo-based one, then? If so, I like it. I tried American burger relish, with some vegetable parts in it, but didn't like it tbh. German chip sause and Burger sauce rule, they're both mayo-based (one with veg particles as well) - pure awesomeness :coma:

ReputationRep:
    ketchup alwaysss

ReputationRep:
    Burger sauce is basically mayo and ketchup mixed together with a bit of mustard, and is not Thousand Island dressing (or whatever that **** is) cos it's thicker and has mustard in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    Oh, cool. Is it the mayo-based one, then? If so, I like it. I tried American burger relish, with some vegetable parts in it, but didn't like it tbh. German chip sause and Burger sauce rule, they're both mayo-based (one with veg particles as well) - pure awesomeness :coma:
    It was mayo based. The ingredients said it also had tomato, gherkins, dill, paprika and a bunch of other stuff in it. The stuff I had was from Marks & Spencers.

HP Sauce is pretty awesome too. But I can only handle ketchup on fried eggs.

(Original post by elfen)
    Burger sauce is basically mayo and ketchup mixed together with a bit of mustard.
    No, that is a *******ized version of Marie Rose sauce. Burger sauce tastes mostly of gherkins and dill, if anything it is more like tartare sauce with ketchup in it.

ReputationRep:
    i never heard of burger sauce until i went down to london and kent, its the best its the only thing good about down south

ReputationRep:
    No, it's actually not. Burger sauce is actually mayo and ketchup with mustard. Which is why you can get it anywhere, and was about BEFORE Marie Rose sauce, which is a thinner more dilute version.

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify things, this is the brand I use

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewHudson1986)
    i never heard of burger sauce until i went down to london and kent, its the best its the only thing good about down south
    How can you say that when you lot have the crapholes that are Newcastle and Liverpool up north :eyeball:

Burger sauce is awesome. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Wtf is burger sauce? Do you mean like relish or something?

Edit: having just learnt what it is, **** NO. I hate mayo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elfen)
    No, it's actually not. Burger sauce is actually mayo and ketchup with mustard. Which is why you can get it anywhere, and was about BEFORE Marie Rose sauce, which is a thinner more dilute version.
    It depends on what country are you talking about. German burger sauce doesn't contain any ketchup whatsoever:

http://das-ist-drin.de/Hela-Hamburge...-400-ml--8162/

Zutaten / Inhaltsstoffe:

Trinkwasser, Rapsöl, Zucker, Branntweinessig, Gemüse getrocknet: 2% (Weißkohl, Zwiebeln, Blumenkohl, Gurken), modifizierte Maisstärke, Senf, Kräuter und Gewürze (u.a. Sellerie), Eigelb, Kochsalz, Hefeextrakt (u.a. Gerste), Konservierungsstoff: (Kaliumsorbat, Natriumbezoat), Verdickungsmittel: Xanthan, Säuerungsmittel: Citronensäure, Süßstoff: Saccharin.

Surprisingly, it doesn't contain mayo (has yolk, though), but has mustard (Senf).

Recipes for products like these vary between countries, I've also seen Dutch hamburger sauce that was yet different mixture to this one. :yep:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.