Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for both sunderland and leeds to my first degree in business management however when i applied to both of these universities they both replied with the same offer and i commited myself to sunderland university. i'm just wondering would i still be able to go to leeds if i had put sunderland university down as my firm and then leeds as my insurance. Would i only be able to get into leeds if sunderland was to reject me?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sunderland will only reject you if you fail to get the right grades for your offer. You mention that it is the same offer as Sunderland so I would say if this happens you would be rejected by both. Normally if you get the grades for both offers, you can only go to your firm choice, in your case, Sunderland.

You can ring up both unis and get them to swap round so Leeds would become your firm choice.

ReputationRep:
    If i have already changed my firm and insurance once would i still be able to ring them up and change the universities round?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, there is no harm in trying I guess.

ReputationRep:
    thanks

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.