The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Morals are highly subjective, you make your own.

That means in simple terms. Do the hell you want, as long you think it's right.
Reply 21
God of War
Most people on TSR would say yes do it. In the interests of balance and to give you food for thought heres my take. Obviously you are having second thoughts because you yourself feel that it is immoral. Yes I would regard it as being highly immoral. Casual sex is all about satisfying your selfish desires. Without there being a strong relationship - a joining of the minds (love) - it becomes nothing more than mutual masterbation, you may as well be humping a corpse! It just becomes cold and clinical.

Ultimately as well as you using him, he is using you. Do you want to be little more than a cum bucket for him? Why don't you keep some dignity and have a little self pride and some self respect? When you give yourself to him for nothing he will think very little of you - even if he says otherwise!

My advice to you is that: if you are getting attention from 'attractive' men like that then you are obviously an attractive girl. Use your looks (and personality!) to find a man who will really value you as a person and to have a meaningful relationship with. Don't be shy - a lot of men would probably be flattered if you started to talk to them. :smile:

It's up to you but I hope I've given you something to think about.

For many a relationship usually consists of two people using each other. The only difference is that it's emotional as opposed to sexual. There's no reason that emotional satisfaction must trump sexual satisfaction, and the latter isn't always without the former completely.

But I don't reckon the OP should engage in it. From the sounds of it, it's not something you would be able to handle if you are doubting it already.
Reply 22
It's not immoral, but the whole 'friends with benefits' thing can get quite murky. Have fun, but call it off as soon as it gets too much.
God of War
A relationship based upon just sex.

Relationships are based on many different things. Why is sex any less meaningful than anything else? We ascribe our own meanings to relationships and I don't see why one largely based on friendship + sex has to be degraded by being labeled "meaningless".
In regards to the title alone, I don't think no strings attached sex is immoral at all.

However, friends with benefits is an AWFUL idea. It's all fun and games til someone wants more...
Reply 25
What's immoral about having sex with no strings?

Hello?! Last time I checked, morality is based on weighing up the costs and benefits. If it's between two consenting adults, and no other "love triangle" stuff going on, then it harms NO ONE.

I'm fed up of all this "oh such and such is immoral" when it harms no one, no thing, no part of the environment, society in general, and any of the four in the past, present or future. If it does any such damage, then yeah I agree it's immoral. But "sex with no strings = immoral?" ... yeah right...
Reply 26
santeria
I really don't see how two adults voluntarily entering into a sexual relationship (unless of course their is some sort of coercion or exploitation taking place) could be described as 'immoral'. I'd say do it if you think you can handle it and you won't get hurt. If not best to just stay away.

i agree with this
It isn't immoral. It's up to you to decide whether it's something you want to do or not, there is no wrong answer. I don't think it's a good idea for me, but I accept that others are fine with it.
I have to say that 'no strings attached sex' very rarely remains as just 'no strings attached sex'. Quite often, no matter how hard you try, one of the parties involved will get more attached than the other.
People can do what they ******* want, as long as it doesn't affect me or anyone else, why should we care?
reems23
Morals are highly subjective, you make your own.

That means in simple terms. Do the hell you want, as long you think it's right.

Dont be an idiot. So if I think murder is right (I don't) I should just do it and murder someone? :eek:
Reply 31
God of War
Dont be an idiot. So if I think murder is right (I don't) I should just do it and murder someone? :eek:

:sigh: Please go away.
reems23
:sigh: Please go away.

Not until people like you stop spreading dangerous ideas around.
Reply 33
God of War
Not until people like you stop spreading dangerous ideas around.

Kill the Jews :fuhrer:
no it's not immoral...it's the 21st century...go for it...no one's gonna think any less of you for it...
Reply 35
it will never be no stings attached
jacketpotato
Absolutely nothing immoral about it. If two people want to do something that doesn't affect anybody else, then that is up to them. Doing something can only sensibly be immoral when there are negative consequences for other people.

Though just be careful that you don't end up developing feelings and getting hurt. If you don't think that will be too much of a problem, go for it.

This. Since coming out of a long term relationship ive only been interested in no-strings sex and its so much more fun and so much less emotionally crippling. And 'friends with benefits' can work fine with the right perspective and as long as you know when to leave it.. Ive slept with a few of my good friends and i probably will again but if i feel myself getting a bit too attached to someone i realise it and spend a bit more time with someone else. You just have to be grown up and realistic about it and not treat it as a big deal.
Reply 37
Not immoral in the slightest, if thats what you both want then sure. Go for it.

For me, definately not something Id ever do. Sex is about a relationship and a connection between 2 people, something which I think should only be shared between 2 people with a strong bond with eachother. The type you get in a really caring relationship.
It's not immoral, but it would be risky if one starts to develops feelings. It can be done though.
Reply 39
i think its completely an individual's decision. I know loads of people who happily have sex whenever the option comes up because they just see it as fun, I know loads of people who don't like sex out of relationships. Just go with what you want to do.

Latest

Trending

Trending