Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm doing some revision on vectors and i can do all the other kinds of questions apart from one (probably simple) which i cant seem to work out how to do!

Here it is: ABCDE if a regular pentagon. eg. (3 3) = a column vector.

AB-> = (3 3)
    AC-> = (2 6)
    AD-> = (-2 6)
    AE-> = (-3 2)

a) Draw the pentagon accurately.

Please help its been bugging me.

Thanks, Mike
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by mike2niner4)
    Hey,

I'm doing some revision on vectors and i can do all the other kinds of questions apart from one (probably simple) which i cant seem to work out how to do!

Here it is: ABCDE if a regular pentagon. eg. (3 3) = a column vector.

AB-> = (3 3)
    AC-> = (2 6)
    AD-> = (-2 6)
    AE-> = (-3 2)

a) Draw the pentagon accurately.

Please help its been bugging me.

Thanks, Mike
    Are you sure you've typed this question right? In particular, the vectors? They don't all seem to be right to me. For example, the length of the side BC is sqrt(10), but the length of the side CD is 4. If ABCDE was a regular pentagon, they'd all be the same length.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Are you sure you've typed this question right? In particular, the vectors? They don't all seem to be right to me. For example, the length of the side BC is sqrt(10), but the length of the side CD is 4. If ABCDE was a regular pentagon, they'd all be the same length.
    Same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    If i missed out regular would it be right? I might have misread it?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by mike2niner4)
    If i missed out regular would it be right? I might have misread it?
    If you missed out "regular", it would be a perfectly good question, but it wouldn't have an answer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.