Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Footballfiend08)
    Obviously it is. In fact im pretty sure police have PROVE people commit crimes and thats how they go to jail? Any idiot can make a comment, its the proof that makes their commment a respected one or a dismissed one...or am i wrong?
    :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeelAhmad)
    It's only pigment in the skin ffs.
    Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    The main problem with this crime and ethnicity thing is the point of segregation. These are immigrant communities who move and settle with very little money. The main problem is their unwillingness to integrate and maintain a discourse with a richer white populace who could encourage business in these areas and reduce the crime-levels. People should not live in ignorance and deny that this trend exists; because it does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    The main problem with this crime and ethnicity thing is the point of segregation. These are immigrant communities who move and settle with very little money. The main problem is their unwillingness to integrate and maintain a discourse with a richer white populace who could encourage business in these areas and reduce the crime-levels. People should not live in ignorance and deny that this trend exists; because it does.
    I half agree, although people have to ask why these communities choose not to intergrate? Or maybe some people are unable to. To be honest I think alot of it is about all about opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FM08)
    I don't know enough about Glasgow and that area to really comment on it, I knew it had problems but I don't know what's been going on.

Back to England, apart from Merseyside ..

tick tock tick tock
    You said that when poor whites are in the minority, an area is much worse than when poor whites are in the majority. As i've shown, that isn't the case, as the most violent place in the UK has poor whites in the majority. How do you explain that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashley. P)
    south coast & especially cornwall, you dont see many non whites there, but i dont see how it has got out of control/significant yet?
    Because people move out/in to/from other regions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George231086)
    You said that when poor whites are in the minority, an area is much worse than when poor whites are in the majority. As i've shown, that isn't the case, as the most violent place in the UK has poor whites in the majority. How do you explain that?
    and apart from just that one single case is there another? No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Footballfiend08)
    I half agree, although people have to ask why these communities choose not to intergrate? Or maybe some people are unable to. To be honest I think alot of it is about all about opportunity.
    They don't integrate because they don't share cultural and ethnic similitude with indigenous Britons. Simple as that. Integration is pretty much impossible because people want to stick to their own.

ReputationRep:
    They don't integrate because they don't share cultural and ethnic similitude with indigenous Britons. Simple as that. Integration is pretty much impossible because people want to stick to their own.
    I think it deserves repeating.

ReputationRep:
    So there are no integrated non-indigenous Britons? Really? :moon:

ReputationRep:

Nah I woudn't agree with that , im not white infact alot of my friends are from a variety of places around the world. And their parents and even some of my friends born outside the UK are not like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    No. I didn't say that. I said that when there is segregation, there's an evident cultural disparity which entails a reluctance to integrate. I didn't say that it's impossible for non-indigenous Britons to integrate.

ReputationRep:
    Also I'd like to ask, where ethnics are heavily populated ... tell me a city where there isn't noticeable trouble?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FM08)
    and apart from just that one single case is there another? No.
    You implied that somehow poor non whites are more inclined to crime, as if this was racially based. The fact that poor whites in Scotland are more violent and their areas more crime ridden suggests that it isn't a race issue.

ReputationRep:
    helluva cliche way to start i am not a racist but

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George231086)
    You implied that somehow poor non whites are more inclined to crime, as if this was racially based. The fact that poor whites in Scotland are more violent and their areas more crime ridden suggests that it isn't a race issue.
    there really is no point in arguing my case as you're just trying to find something wrong in whatever I say so I'll leave you with a :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    No. I didn't say that. I said that when there is segregation, there's an evident cultural disparity which entails a reluctance to integrate. I didn't say that it's impossible for non-indigenous Britons to integrate.
    Of course. But the reluctance to integrate does not follow necessarily from cultural and ethnic difference.

You said in another thread about not having anything in common with Australian Aborigines, cultural dissimilitude, or whatever the word is; I'd never heard it before you used it tbh. But are you sure about that? What if you took the effort to learn each other's languages, learn about each other's way of life? You would both fear, love. A human's ability to communicate with other humans, to use language, is one of his greatest and defining assets. You can understand anyone, from any culture, if you take the time to learn. Of course, it has to be a two-way thing - I'm not pretending you can come to an entente cordiale with someone who has an unshakeable, blind hatred for you. (Not for long, anyway.) But it's hardly implausible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FM08)
    Also I'd like to ask, where ethnics are heavily populated ... tell me a city where there isn't noticeable trouble?
    I think everyone should ignore you lol. You make ridiculous points with no evidence therefore making them redundant.

And what is 'noticeable trouble'? I can go to any city at any time, with any mix of people and not 'notice' trouble. And I can go to a low crime rate town and on the off chance and notice trouble. Also please define trouble? Do you mean football hooligans? Kids behaving badly? Do you mean the TV channel Trouble filming covertly?

Furthermore your talking about cities. Which obviously means that some parts of the cities are going to have high crime and others low. Your also implying that no city ever had 'trouble' before large waves of immigration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    There are, but there are also many who don’t. Its an undisputed fact that immigrants tend to stick together when moving into an area. And as a result of this when new immigrants move in to the country they go to these areas because it makes it easier for them to settle in as there with own people, thus is just human nature and it happens all over the world. Its why there was a large black population around Notting Hill, why there is a large brit population in areas of southern Spain, think of America where you have certain areas with large populations of Latinos.

The problems that arise from this are economic, immigrants tend to be poorer so there is a rise in crime, and the area goes into decline and so on. This can happen anywhere regardless of race

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renner)
    There are, but there are also many who don’t.
    I didn't dispute that. In any case the fact that ethnic minorities tend to "congregate" shall we say in certain areas is not evidence of their non-integration (in a cultural sense, i.e. that they live culturally separate lives from the rest of the nation, at least any more than chavs live culturally separate lives from the royal family.)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.