Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renner)
    There are, but there are also many who don’t. Its an undisputed fact that immigrants tend to stick together when moving into an area. And as a result of this when new immigrants move in to the country they go to these areas because it makes it easier for them to settle in as there with own people, thus is just human nature and it happens all over the world. Its why there was a large black population around Notting Hill, why there is a large brit population in areas of southern Spain, think of America where you have certain areas with large populations of Latinos.

The problems that arise from this are economic, immigrants tend to be poorer so there is a rise in crime, and the area goes into decline and so on. This can happen anywhere regardless of race
    Lol you been there? Notting Hill itself does not have many black people. It goes some of the most expensive houses in the country which I doubt most immigrants can afford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Footballfiend08)
    I think everyone should ignore you lol. You make ridiculous points with no evidence therefore making them redundant.

And what is 'noticeable trouble'? I can go to any city at any time, with any mix of people and not 'notice' trouble. And I can go to a low crime rate town and on the off chance and notice trouble. Also please define trouble? Do you mean football hooligans? Kids behaving badly? Do you mean the TV channel Trouble filming covertly?

Furthermore your talking about cities. Which obviously means that some parts of the cities are going to have high crime and others low. Your also implying that no city ever had 'trouble' before large waves of immigration.
    honestly lord give me strength :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    Of course. But the reluctance to integrate does not follow necessarily from cultural and ethnic difference.

You said in another thread about not having anything in common with Australian Aborigines, cultural dissimilitude, or whatever the word is; I'd never heard it before you used it tbh. But are you sure about that? What if you took the effort to learn each other's languages, learn about each other's way of life? You would both fear, love. A human's ability to communicate with other humans, to use language, is one of his greatest and defining assets. You can understand anyone, from any culture, if you take the time to learn. Of course, it has to be a two-way thing - I'm not pretending you can come to an entente cordiale with someone who has an unshakeable, blind hatred for you. (Not for long, anyway.) But it's hardly implausible.
    God separated the world by language so humans will never collaborate again to usurp him. Actually no, that's nonsense. I don't believe in God. :mad: Why I typed that I don't know.

The main point behind this is, surely, that this is a distinctly working class problem. Consisting predominantly of those who will not be educated to a sufficient level, or be tolerant enough of the people they believe to be "stealing" their jobs and homes. Whether I could or couldn't share relations with a native Australian or New Zealand Maori, would probably necessitate me having to be in contact with them for one, and then trying to adapt and shake of the various environmental determinants that have been intaken. I think it would take a considerable period of time. And even then that would be just one group of hundreds I potentially could form relations with. To put it mildly, I could relate to them, but I couldn't empathise with them unless I was brought up and determined by their societal conditions.

Nevertheless, this isn't just a black and white problem anyway. It's basically tribal. Those riots in the Midlands between the Afro-Caribbean community and the Asian community - the various negative attitudes by certain groups towards incoming Eastern Europeans. Essentially, it's all a relapse to what human kind has done since it first set foot on this planet. Compete by means of natural selection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gez1990)
    Until people who think like you cease to exist in this country, heck...in this world, it can never be "multiracial" enough. In my opinion.
    Everyone is entitled to express their opinion so **** off you lefty vegetarian ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffin.)
    Why does it matter if white becomes the minority or not? People are people. We should just look past race
    This exactly! Why does it matter about the percentages of races in this country? OP is LAME.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FM08)
    there really is no point in arguing my case as you're just trying to find something wrong in whatever I say so I'll leave you with a :yawn:
    You haven't a case to argue. You could say that crime is a problem in some ethnic communities, but to argue that the crime would be much less if they were white communities, simply because they are white is not necessarily true as indicated by scotland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapturedSoul)
    This exactly! Why does it matter about the percentages of races in this country? OP is LAME.
    As I've said I've got nothing against different races, I just think there needs to be tighter controls and a strict limit on immigration - the Government clearly doesn't have one at present.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George231086)
    You haven't a case to argue. You could say that crime is a problem in some ethnic communities, but to argue that the crime would be much less if they were white communities, simply because they are white is not necessarily true as indicated by scotland.
    ... :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shirley7)
    I'm not racist and do not wish to sound like a BNP supporter but don't you feel white British people will become a minority sometime in the future. I was out in town today and I saw so many black and Asian people with a few whites chucked in lol. I've got nothing against people coming over here to live but the Government simply has let in far too many, including white Europeans.
    Yes, if all is right with the world we will all be coffee in colour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shirley7)
    As I've said I've got nothing against different races, I just think there needs to be tighter controls and a strict limit on immigration - the Government clearly doesn't have one at present.
    Of course you have something against different races. WHY do we need a tighter control on immigration? What's the big deal about different races?

ReputationRep:
    Of course you have something against different races. WHY do we need a tighter control on immigration? What's the big deal about different races?
    If you are Indian lets say for example ... I don't think you'd appreciate being taken over by everyone and feeling outnumbered.

ReputationRep:
    Bigotted person is biggoted

ReputationRep:
    i've always loved people saying that immigration is bad because of culture clashes. apparently being multi-cultural is a bad thing. i mean, screw those curry shops (that british men FLOCK to by the way). i DESPISE them for giving choice in our cuisine. screw american music and movies - i'm totally content on listening purely to queen and repeats of the james bond series for the rest of my life. one day we'll assimilate so much culture from other nations that small british traditions will implode causing all pubs to be shut and the sunday roast to be wiped from our memories. such a convincing argument.

the only bad thing that comes from immigration is the racist attacks. violence does increase. but the way i see it is these minorities are coming to a country where they know they'll be the minority. if they hate the majority that much then why did they move here in the first place? in my experience, a lot of the time it has been wind up merchants amongst white people who have caused a reaction in minorities by badmouthing these groups, giving the youths of these minorities a bad image of the majority, allowing these youths to grow up in hatred of the majority. perhaps if white people learnt to not give minorities so much stick then the situation would be a lot more peaceful.

ReputationRep:
    For me the problem isn't different races or anything, it's more the fact that Britain is already pretty overpopulated and more people aren't going to help that. If it was up to me we'd somehow get rid of people. :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FM08)
    If you are Indian lets say for example ... I don't think you'd appreciate being taken over by everyone and feeling outnumbered.
    It's not exactly people purposely "taking over"; immigrants move over for better prospects in England.

People making threads like this makes minorities feel outnumbered.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe you asked that question. Immigration affects so much; housing, employment, culture . . . the list goes on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamisazombie?)
    i've always loved people saying that immigration is bad because of culture clashes. apparently being multi-cultural is a bad thing. i mean, screw those curry shops (that british men FLOCK to by the way). i DESPISE them for giving choice in our cuisine. screw american music and movies - i'm totally content on listening purely to queen and repeats of the james bond series for the rest of my life. one day we'll assimilate so much culture from other nations that small british traditions will implode causing all pubs to be shut and the sunday roast to be wiped from our memories. such a convincing argument.

the only bad thing that comes from immigration is the racist attacks. violence does increase. but the way i see it is these minorities are coming to a country where they know they'll be the minority. if they hate the majority that much then why did they move here in the first place? in my experience, a lot of the time it has been wind up merchants amongst white people who have caused a reaction in minorities by badmouthing these groups, giving the youths of these minorities a bad image of the majority, allowing these youths to grow up in hatred of the majority. perhaps if white people learnt to not give minorities so much stick then the situation would be a lot more peaceful.
    thanks for that tosser .. very nice of you to mock the English culture as well, double standards you nonce!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusilero)
    For me the problem isn't different races or anything, it's more the fact that Britain is already pretty overpopulated and more people aren't going to help that. If it was up to me we'd somehow get rid of people. :hmmm:
    I understand concerns about over-population, but the OP mainly has a problem about the different races in Britain.

ReputationRep:
    I read in the sun a few weeks ago that Britain, will have white people as a minority and black/asiuans as a majority by 2025.

What a load of ****, i love readin the sun for the **** they serveyou on a plate and expect you to eat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FM08)
    ... :yawn:
    I love it that Scotland, and particularly Glasgow, has been used as an example against your views. It's filled with irony.

So, Glasgow is a predominantly white city - much more so that London. True. It has problems, in certain areas, with violent crime. True.

The concept that race plays a bigger part in this than enviroment - poverty, unemployment and education - is rediculous. These factors, in some of the poorest areas of the city, lead to heavy drinking and the violence this is connected to.

But racial concept do play their part, in a way.

You know where the poorer areas of Glasgow are? Castlemilk, Parkhead, Shettleston and Easterhouse. Mainly situated in the East End around the Gorbals.

You know how that area built up? Oh yeah, it was immagration: Catholics moving to the Clyde from Ireland.

They faced sectarianism and prejudice. They were packed into some of the worst slum conditions in the world.

Of course in Scotland there are seperate Catholic primary schools in certain areas. Why? Because originally Catholics weren't allowed to enter the State System.

That was all around 150 years ago, but in this thread there are enough modern examples of similar ignorance.

Genetic and race have **** all to do with crime or intelligence. It's our collective reaction to the differences between us which create such disparities.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.