Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brightxburns)
    Immigration is the future. Racial integration is the future.
    To be disgustingly territorial is so regressive.

And anyway, all British people are technically immigrants. Without the Anglo-Saxon migration to Britain, you certainly wouldn't be here.
    What about the original Britons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eLECTROLOSIS)
    In a sense I completely agree with the thread owners concerns.

I am black and I believe that while this country is racist.. But no more racist than the immigrants that live here. When I see ethnic communities stealing from and murdering eachother it makes me feel a sense of embarrassment. Black and ethnic communities need to realise that alot of the tensions between the white european population and the non-white population is caused by them.

At the end of the day immigrants that dont integrate just fuel the BNP.. Thoughts?
    Indeed. If ethnics would be, overall, hard-working and law-abiding then A LOT of tensions would just disappear. I mean, sure, there would be some hardcore racists left, but most 'xenophobes' aren't racists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusilero)
    What about the original Britons?
    If you look above, you'll see I've corrected my post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shirley7)
    Of course they should be dominant, this is Britain not India or Poland ffs. Are you thick or what, I'm talking about immigration which is all about different races.
    They are currently dominant. (90% white people) You don't have a valid point for bringing up immigration. You first talk about the issues about unemployment and population control (which I agree with), but then you're using immigration as a back-up for your white supremacy views. Make your damn mind up, and stop quoting me, our views obviously differ, so there's no point going round in circles.

ReputationRep:
    Immigration is the future. Racial integration is the future.
    To be disgustingly territorial is so regressive.
    It's not regressive it's conservative. I've never adhered to the ridiculous Whiggish principle that we must "progress" for "progression's" sake. It's uncertain, and it's dangerous.

And anyway, a lot of British people are technically immigrants. Without the Anglo-Saxon migration to Britain, the 'native' population of Britain would be quite different.
    No No No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eLECTROLOSIS)
    In a sense I completely agree with the thread owners concerns.

I am black and I believe that while this country is racist.. But no more racist than the immigrants that live here. When I see ethnic communities stealing from and murdering eachother it makes me feel a sense of embarrassment. Black and ethnic communities need to realise that alot of the tensions between the white european population and the non-white population is caused by them.

At the end of the day immigrants that dont integrate just fuel the BNP.. Thoughts?
    i don't think so.

i mean as far as integration goes, it's never that simple. when i went to a little summer school (medicine thing) where the majority was asian, i felt very cut off from the group because i have very little in common with most asians. even amongst white groups there's a hell of a lot of segregation - the way antisocial youths will band together, or the most intelligent groups. there's class segregation. segregation based on interests. it's only natural for groups not to particularly integrate but i still don't see why that's an issue.

a very big problem is "white flight". asians move in to one area and white people move out. how can minorities expect to integrate when this is the reaction they receive in their attempts to bridge the gap?

ReputationRep:
    how dare you say " I'm not racist " !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidona)
    I'm mixed race. I was born in Scotland, I've got half my family in Sub Saharan Africa and I've lived in the south of England for pretty much all my life. As far as I'm concerned, the geographical location of where you came from should have no basis on anything. It's a fluke. It's out of your hands.

I don't care what people in Scotland do. I don't care how they live (and I'm sorry, but it's a dubious claim to make that all indigenous people of a land live in the same way - such as you suggested). How I live should be influenced by things that I have done, that I have achieved and that I have worked for. Where I live should be my decision, based on where I want to go, not where it's felt that I 'belong', not where people I have never met have lived before me - people who I am related to by blood, but not by memory.

I know where I've been, I know where I came from. I don't care. I have no umbilical cords to a 'home'land.

It's the same for many mixed race people. Because we do not, by definition, have a pure lineage, we have no ultimate 'homeland', and we have to make our own.

I apologize if this came off as strong, but it's something I feel very strongly about, and hope you will appreciate this.
    I didn't suggest all indiginous people live the same way, but that doesn't matter.

I see where you are coming from but I disagree with your "fluke" point. I will use African-Americans as my example. I know a lot of them feel lost because they do not know where they came from. Many assume they come from Ghana or Nigeria but they do not know for certain. If the whole world were to mix like that I pretty much feel we would feel like them.

It's human nature to question where you came from. It's not a problem if you actually know the answer, therefore you wouldn't have a problem travelling and calling another country home because at least you would have a reference point.

However what about the second generation, or third generation would they have a full sense of who they are? I really doubt they would. However people are different so I cannot speak for everyone.

I, myself kinda feel lost. My parents are Ghanian and even though I was born here and am proud to be British, I still feel a link to Ghana even though I have never lived there. I assume you feel sort of the same way judging by your last comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackfish)
    I think your missing the point dear...

Under the legislation of this country, it had to be taken down because somebody complained, and guess what... No Complaint = Christmas Tree = Happy Passengers

I'm not blaming the foreigners. I just think if we have to so respect to them, we should get it back!

And to be honest, there are bigger things to complain about... Like the train that day being 1 hour late!
    Really.. wow that sucks. I totally agree with your original point then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamisazombie?)
    i don't think so.

i mean as far as integration goes, it's never that simple. when i went to a little summer school (medicine thing) where the majority was asian, i felt very cut off from the group because i have very little in common with most asians. even amongst white groups there's a hell of a lot of segregation - the way antisocial youths will band together, or the most intelligent groups. there's class segregation. segregation based on interests. it's only natural for groups not to particularly integrate but i still don't see why that's an issue.

a very big problem is "white flight". asians move in to one area and white people move out. how can minorities expect to integrate when this is the reaction they receive in their attempts to bridge the gap?
    The people who you've had experiences with obviously felt more comfortable with people of their own race.. Why.. Because they're raised in such a way that sees them cut off from people from different backgrounds.

Thats just one example.. Heres another.. Me

I was born in an all white working class area.. Subsequently I am one of the highest acheivers in my school I like all types of Music & Culture for example most of my friends like Heavy Metal music e.c.t.. I only have about 3 other black friends.

How can you possibly tell me that integration doesnt play a part..?

(Original post by Bill Shakespeare)
    I love it that Scotland, and particularly Glasgow, has been used as an example against your views. It's filled with irony.

So, Glasgow is a predominantly white city - much more so that London. True. It has problems, in certain areas, with violent crime. True.

The concept that race plays a bigger part in this than enviroment - poverty, unemployment and education - is rediculous. These factors, in some of the poorest areas of the city, lead to heavy drinking and the violence this is connected to.

But racial concept do play their part, in a way.

You know where the poorer areas of Glasgow are? Castlemilk, Parkhead, Shettleston and Easterhouse. Mainly situated in the East End around the Gorbals.

You know how that area built up? Oh yeah, it was immagration: Catholics moving to the Clyde from Ireland.

They faced sectarianism and prejudice. They were packed into some of the worst slum conditions in the world.

Of course in Scotland there are seperate Catholic primary schools in certain areas. Why? Because originally Catholics weren't allowed to enter the State System.

That was all around 150 years ago, but in this thread there are enough modern examples of similar ignorance.

Genetic and race have **** all to do with crime or intelligence. It's our collective reaction to the differences between us which create such disparities.
    One of the best post I have read in a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shirley7)
    I'm not racist and do not wish to sound like a BNP supporter but don't you feel white British people will become a minority sometime in the future. I was out in town today and I saw so many black and Asian people with a few whites chucked in lol. I've got nothing against people coming over here to live but the Government simply has let in far too many, including white Europeans.
    I feel there are too many wogs in it, if that's what you mean.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh compared to places like Brazil Britain is not too multi-racial. In fact, b/w New York and London, I think New York might actually be a lot more multi-racial.

ReputationRep:
    That, in itself, is never going to be a problem.

It's just how the 'ethnics' act here that pisses me off. The Asian rudeboys, the "I hate England" mentality -- sticking with their 'own people'...

You're in this country, ****ing mix!

(It's alright. My best friend's black.)

ReputationRep:
    I've always found it amazing how threads like these clearly started by trolls grow to be so big. I mean seriously you're just feeding the trolls.

ReputationRep:
    I have no problem whatsoever with people of different race or ethnicities intergrating
    I think its lovely and what this world needs.

However...

...Im gonna miss the day when i can go to India for pure Indian culture. The day i can go to Egypt for pure egyption culture, go to China for true chinese culture and come back to england and know there is english culture still here.

Globalisation is causing our national boundaries to break down. Im liking the social intergration and i hope it can make us all less hostile.
    But im gonna miss being able to go on holiday somewhere different and get a truly different experience

ReputationRep:
    It's not multicultural enough. I live in London and it's nice. Lots of different cultures everywhere even though some are bunched together in certain areas. However when i leave London a lot of the time i'm one of the few or only ethnic person around.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:
    This is stupid.
    What makes Great Britain so ******* great is its diversity.

Go bring the BNP with you and build yourself a small white country in the Antarctic if you don't like it this way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)

This is stupid.
    What makes Great Britain so ******* great is its diversity.

Go bring the BNP with you and build yourself a small white country in the Antarctic if you don't like it this way.
    Go to sleep baby girl.

xx

ReputationRep:
    What would be the problem of lots of people with different coloured skin, per se? I don't think the real issue here is ethnicity but more discrimination towards people who are not of a certain set stock- ie white British. It's not colour really, it must be religion, language, culture, etc.....

The common denominator is we're all human but ignorance it seems is a destructive thing

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.