Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone feel this country is too multiracial? watch

ReputationRep:
    Think of it like diffusion - eventually there will be a dynamic equilibrium of races. I'm assuming that you are speaking of a certain part of London because if you go up north, England is still dominantly white.

ReputationRep:
    nice to see racism is alive and well among the middle-classes

ReputationRep:
    surely by saying the middle-classes you're implying white boys who are snobs (as I have read in a recent post of yours) which if was the other way and was said about black people would be deemed racist. Muppet.

ReputationRep:
    There is too many white people.

I think we should become more multi racial just dont allow any more black people, Indian, Bangladeshi or Pakistani.

ReputationRep:
    Yes i think this country is getting too multi racial but sadly it seems to be happening all over Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    Only problem i have is when minorities turn places into ghetto's.
    While I would agree, some minorities do the opposite, there is a popular neighborhood here in CA which is pretty much full of Indians but it is still one of the most exclusive and wealthy country clubs in the state of California. The surrounding areas which used to be a ghetto have turned into a modern docklands type deal, everything has become way more trendy and expensive shops are popping up everywhere.

It depends on the minority I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord_Farquad)
    While I would agree, some minorities do the opposite, there is a popular neighborhood here in CA which is pretty much full of Indians but it is still one of the most exclusive and wealthy country clubs in the state of California. The surrounding areas which used to be a ghetto have turned into a modern docklands type deal, everything has become way more trendy and expensive shops are popping up everywhere.

I think what that Hugh Jackman said hit the nail on the head for me. I don't have a problem with ethnic people, just because they are ethnic people ... I'm trying not to be harsh but I struggle to think of a pleasant place, where ethnics are grouped together. If it's not crime ridden it's a very tacky and grotty area such as Bradford or Luton and it's places like that that emphasise the need for controlling immigration IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FM08)
    I think what that Hugh Jackman said hit the nail on the head for me. I don't have a problem with ethnic people, just because they are ethnic people ... I'm trying not to be harsh but I struggle to think of a pleasant place, where ethnics are grouped together. If it's not crime ridden it's a very tacky and grotty area such as Bradford or Luton and it's places like that that emphasise the need for controlling immigration IMO.

Yeah, places like Wembley etc are pretty crap. I've seen some OK neighborhoods though, Edgware Road isn't too bad and it's full of Arabs. I think a lot of it comes down to how westernized the people are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord_Farquad)

Jewish, Chinese and Indian are generally very good minorities and an asset to the country.

ReputationRep:
    "I'm not a lion, but don't you think that antelope looks tasty?"

Seriously, enough of these threads already.

(Original post by shirley7)
    I'm not racist and do not wish to sound like a BNP supporter but don't you feel white British people will become a minority sometime in the future. I was out in town today and I saw so many black and Asian people with a few whites chucked in lol. I've got nothing against people coming over here to live but the Government simply has let in far too many, including white Europeans.
    I notice that if anyone says anything like this, they seem to always have to make a point of stating that they are not racist.

*spit*

For the record, I agree with you. I don't want to end up being among the last English in England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackfish)
    Do feel free to check this out...!

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/City

Under "What makes a City?" Last bullet point
    Check this out.....! lol

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackburn

Blackburn have a Cathedral and in September 2010 Blackburn will also have a University. Yet Blackburn isnt a City.
    But going back your first point. A city doesnt NEED a cathedral. It can have a uni instead. Do feel free to check this out...!

ReputationRep:
    thats how new zealand is now.... not a lot of white people but A LOT OF asians and indians..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akhuma)
    Check this out.....! lol

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackburn

Blackburn have a Cathedral and in September 2010 Blackburn will also have a University. Yet Blackburn isnt a City.
    But going back your first point. A city doesnt NEED a cathedral. It can have a uni instead. Do feel free to check this out...!

But it still goes to show that my statement was accurate. Yes I know it can have a Uni instead, I was using Cathedral as an example as it's more appropriate to my earlier post...

But generally it's both. It doesn't have to be a city because it's got those... but i'd say in 95% of cases, somewhere that has a Cathedral is a City...!

We may just have to agree to disagree here, because I can see this spiralling into a massive arguement...!

ReputationRep:
    Bring it on I say. Just been out with a European (lol) who was just so friendly and mmm. It's nice to learn and appreciate cultural differences as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackfish)
    But it still goes to show that my statement was accurate. Yes I know it can have a Uni instead, I was using Cathedral as an example as it's more appropriate to my earlier post...

But generally it's both. It doesn't have to be a city because it's got those... but i'd say in 95% of cases, somewhere that has a Cathedral is a City...!

We may just have to agree to disagree here, because I can see this spiralling into a massive arguement...!

Lmao... Nahhh i have to apologise. I just gt bord that day at work so i thought ill come on this and mess about with some1. You were right all along, i just thought ill be petty. Soz

ReputationRep:
    No. Two million Muslims in France, do you hear them talk like this!

ReputationRep:
    Personally I'm all for multiculturalism. To a point. I think the government should make a new law where the amount of non-white British people is not allowed to go below 80%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHAMON)
    No. Two million Muslims in France, do you hear them talk like this!
    Yes, you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voluntas Mos Victum)
    Yes, you do.
    Where?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.