Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paxdax)
    Europeans integrate easily in a generation. However, there weren't that many Europeans moving to Britain either.

it doesnt matter how many they were, that is not what im saying, its the fact that they suffered like migrants do today.
    Yes there were lot of europeans moving to Britain, its not in the numbers that there are today but it was enough to establish at least 6 ethnic communities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lessthanzero)
    it doesnt matter how many they were, that is not what im saying, its the fact that they suffered like migrants do today.
    Yes there were lot of europeans moving to Britain, its not in the numbers that there are today but it was enough to establish at least 6 ethnic communities.
    Multiracial = Different races.

Last time I looked, White British and White Other are still from the same race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teshla^^)
    Too many white people pffffffft.
    I know who would expect it.. being a North European country and all...

ReputationRep:
    Bull ****, your taking out of context and expanding half of what i have said. You like most others seem to think migration is only important after 1945. Whats the difference bewteen racial and ethnic discontent from now to a 100- 200 years ago ? none, they were disliked for being here for the reasons identical today. Britian is the way it is because has neglected and abused minorties since they arrived in this country. We the British are the problem, for all the sterotypical reasons that have existed for 200 years.
    Oh yeah, I forgot. It's all our fault. As long as all racism is directed towards whites I guess we're okay. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paxdax)
    Multiracial = Different races.

Last time I looked, White British and White Other are still from the same race.
    does it matter what race or ethnicty ? Britain has had multicultural makeup for ages black and european

ReputationRep:
    Not really no. If you feel so strongly about the British loosing their ethnicity in their own country then think about this. Why did they go decide to colonize half the world? Invading other countries kinda tops having different ethnicites in Britian....
    Obviously when the commonwealth broke up they were sure to develop strong links to those countries thus resulting in migrants.

ReputationRep:
    I swear this is just one person with a hundred different accounts posting these ridiculous repetitve threads all year round...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Oh yeah, I forgot. It's all our fault. As long as all racism is directed towards whites I guess we're okay. :rolleyes:
    I never said it was all directed against whites, how can they be the cause of hostility/racsim towards them?

ReputationRep:
    does it matter what race or ethnicty ? Britain has had multicultural makeup for ages black and european
    Europeans are quite close culturally, especially Western Europeans. Seeing as Europeans are also of the same colour, few would notice that a second-generation Frog was indeed not a Brit, easing assimilation a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I never said it was all directed against whites, how can they be the cause of hostility/racsim towards them?
    YOU are being racist towards me by saying that I'm solely responsible for segregation. It is a two-way thing. Why the hell are minorities always immune to criticism?

ReputationRep:
    Hate these threads... You know what I found funny about the christmas tree comment... My family are supposed to be hindu and we celebrate christmas more than we celebrate diwali, just because we think its a really warm fuzzy festival which makes us feel nice...

I'm half white and my white mother is more hindu than my indian dad! I look white... but when I read threads like this it makes me feel more indian than ever... I start to wonder why we celebrate christmas so much when the race that claims the religion (even if they don't really go to church much) seem to hate us...

I've really had a knack of putting my parents down when they act overly hindu or indian because I like to think that I'm (and we're) British especially since I was born here... my parents were born here... like most british asians on this site... When I go to visit my grandma in india I feel alien in their society... these days... and especially since I've started to use TSR I'm starting to feel alien in the country that I was born in...

That's why right now I just feel really sad reading this... Why doesn't anyone understand... I didn't choose to originate from a different country... Why do you have to hate us for that! It's just the nastiest thing you could do to anyone.

ReputationRep:
    YOU are being racist to me by saying that I'm solely responsible for segregation. It is a two-way thing. Why the hell are minorities always immune to criticism?
    I never said you were racist. Segregation has occured because British people have refused to accept them, thats what i meant. Migrants have there pros and cons but they dont deserve the amount of hostility the recieve for living here or for what there ethnicty is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myiesha_90)
    Hate these threads... You know what I found funny about the christmas tree comment... My family are supposed to be hindu and we celebrate christmas more than we celebrate diwali, just because we think its a really warm fuzzy festival which makes us feel nice...

I'm half white and my white mother is more hindu than my indian dad! I look white... but when I read threads like this it makes me feel more indian than ever... I start to wonder why we celebrate christmas so much when the race that claims the religion (even if they don't really go to church much) seem to hate us...

I've really had a knack of putting my parents down when they act overly hindu or indian because I like to think that I'm (and we're) British especially since I was born here... my parents were born here... like most british asians on this site... When I go to visit my grandma in india I feel alien in their society... these days... and especially since I've started to use TSR I'm starting to feel alien in the country that I was born in...

That's why right now I just feel really sad reading this... Why doesn't anyone understand... I didn't choose to originate from a different country... Why do you have to hate us for that! It's just the nastiest thing you could do to anyone.
    The funny thing about this comment is that it talks about white Britons being racist towards ethnic minorities in a stereotypical, and, dare I say, racist manner. Tarring us all with the same brush is exactly the type of thing you're moaning about.

The funny thing about this comment is that it talks about white Britons being racist towards ethnic minorities in a stereotypical, and, dare I say, racist manner. Tarring us all with the same brush is exactly the type of thing you're moaning about.
    Too many sentences like that and your 20 watt brain will blow a fuse. Try not to overload and keep the sentences short and simple, lest you manage to confuse your chimp like self .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP_89)
    I was never denying churches outweigh other religious buildings in numbers in the UK, but that church attendance and general Christian values are so low in this country. Therefore it isn't accurate to call this a Christian country when the majority of the population aren't actual Christians - despite many claiming to be, often when it gives them an opportunity to snub another religion.
    What you say is true. But the Queen is the head of state as well as the head of Church of England and is the "sole source of ecclesiastical, spiritual and temporal power".

Taking away the Christmas tree was stupid - but Christianity isn't about Christmas trees or presents... it's about Christ. I think most people have forgotten about that.

ReputationRep:
    I never said you were racist. Segregation has occured because British people have refused to accept them, thats what i meant. Migrants have there pros and cons but they dont deserve the amount of hostility the recieve for living here or for what there ethnicty is.
    No. You are offending me. You are talking about "British people" as though all of us are responsible, ergo, I'm "in with it" too. You are being racist by appealing to stereotype. Plus, I think there's a fair amount of hostility directed towards the white population, unreported in the media of course. Ever heard of Kriss Donald?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myiesha_90)

"We" don't hate you for that. That's a generalisation. Just like the generalisations that all immigrants don't celebrate Christmas or whatever you were replying to.

there'll be some idiots who choose to hate you, but just ignore them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Too many sentences like that and your 20 watt brain will blow a fuse. Try not to overload and keep the sentences short and simple, lest you manage to confuse your chimp like self .
    Okay :teeth:

Okay :teeth:
    The least you could do is respond to my insults :facepalm2:

Where's the fun in just accepting them

Why? Because responding to you is like responding to a brick wall. An uneducated, dumb, ignorant, leftist and anti-British one at that.
    See? It WAS fun :awesome:

Also, the difference between my insults and yours, except the word "leftist", is that none of yours are true, whereas all of mine are :awesome: Yes, you have a literal 20 watt bulb in there :shifty:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.