Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    how u mean if she hasnt noticed u vienna95?
    if you walk upto her for the first time, she doesnt know you. she needs to think to herself, 'oh, thats the guy who..'. if she doesnt even recognise you, i think its unrealistic to expect her to go out with you.

dont go over the top, but make an effort to involve yourself in her social arena.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    if you walk upto her for the first time, she doesnt know you. she needs to think to herself, 'oh, thats the guy who..'. if she doesnt even recognise you, i think its unrealistic to expect her to go out with you.

dont go over the top, but make an effort to involve yourself in her social arena.
    What would you classify as 'over the top', exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    What would you classify as 'over the top', exactly?
    piss on the blackboard..?

although, that might work in some cases.

ReputationRep:
    You could be very disappointed when you really get to know someone. I thought I liked someone untill I got to know her - I wish I hadnt because then I would not know and I would be happy to think I liked her if you know what I mean.

On an unrelated subject do women find macho men more attractive than the limp wristed but straight type.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael Beaver)
    You could be very disappointed when you really get to know someone. I thought I liked someone untill I got to know her - I wish I hadnt because then I would not know and I would be happy to think I liked her if you know what I mean.

On an unrelated subject do women find macho men more attractive than the limp wristed but straight type.
    i prefer guys who look like girls, although not camp types.

ReputationRep:
    piss on the blackboard..?

although, that might work in some cases.
    You never know. Whatever floats the proverbial boat, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    There may be some suppressed tendencies there. Then again, if you go for the non-masculine type of guy, then Whitey's your man.

ReputationRep:
    LAdy boyz?

ReputationRep:
    LAdy boyz?
    no, abit of makeup. hair behind their ears. they spend as much as me on cosmetic products. they like pink, read girly mags etc. that sort of thing..

i dont like, shaved heads, masculine aftershave, guys who dress or talk like they have come out of a rap video.

its hip to be square.

ReputationRep:
    What about the middle ground?? ie your run of the mill straight male?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CacheUK)
    What about the middle ground?? ie your run of the mill straight male?
    nothing wrong with that. but if for example your in a bar, id be more interested in talking to a guy who has mascara on, or who talks very politely or has done something crazy with his outfit. something intriguing. that goes for actions as well.

and play to your strengths...

ReputationRep:
    no, abit of makeup. hair behind their ears. they spend as much as me on cosmetic products. they like pink, read girly mags etc. that sort of thing..

i dont like, shaved heads, masculine aftershave, guys who dress or talk like they have come out of a rap video.

its hip to be square.
    If its hip to be square then I am one cool dude!

ReputationRep:
    nothing wrong with that. but if for example your in a bar, id be more interested in talking to a guy who has mascara on, or who talks very politely or has done something crazy with his outfit. something intriguing. that goes for actions as well.
    guys wear mascara in a bar?

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately in Liverpool these are the men who get beaten up a lot. Such brave souls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sza)
    guys wear mascara in a bar?
    my bf does, and eyeliner,and lip gloss..
    guys hate it, girls love it.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately in Liverpool these are the men who get beaten up a lot. Such brave souls
    that is a problem, luckily in Paris everyone is reasonably tolerant.
    however, in Liverpool its easier to stand out as different.

ReputationRep:
    my bf does. and eyeliner.and lip gloss..
    ok... so does my girlfriend (i'm sure shes a girl)...

ReputationRep:
    If she is really fit, ur note was probably well phrased as u did a neg hit and showed to her u r not gonna idolise her. But notes are still bad as it shows u aint got the guts to talk to her (its true, believe me i was there)and its almost a little kid thing to do. You might as well just ask her out, otherwise you will be plagued with what ifs for a while, youll tear uself apart thinking i wish i had. Neway the worst that can happen is she says no, the same as if you had never asked.

(Original post by Anna)
    just be friends...bang into her and that'll give you an excuse to talk to her. Then bug her 24/7after that..buy her a drink etc.
    The first bit is alright as a starting point although it sounds like you could find a shared interest to talk about. Please ignore her second piece of advice, if you bug her 24/7 itll look like you are a stalker or desperate, neither of which is something that girls really like. And if you do shell probs take advantage of you and ull end up forking out for things.

Don't listen to the people who say become friends, if you become her friend you'll become a shoulder to cry on and a romance isnt gonna happen (or be very unlikely to). She won't consider you anymore as you'll become like her girlfriends, not someone she is sexually attracted to.

Ps. Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    I have an idea for shared interest... BRACES!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)

Don't listen to the people who say become friends, if you become her friend you'll become a shoulder to cry on and a romance isnt gonna happen (or be very unlikely to). She won't consider you anymore as you'll become like her girlfriends, not someone she is sexually attracted to.

Ps. Best of luck
    I disagree. Being friends with someone is the best way to get to know them well without rushing and spoiling it.

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.