Turn on thread page Beta

Official relationship discussion thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael Beaver)
    I disagree. Being friends with someone is the best way to get to know them well without rushing and spoiling it.
    Life's too short for that! Rather just have an attempt if she willing then she'll say yes, if she's not she'll say no - simple as...

Firm believer of love at first sight (well attraction anyway).

ReputationRep:
    I have been in the "freind" situation and it didnt work cos in the end she trusted me with all her ****in' secrets about who she fancied etc... it was all the obvious people! - so i told her i fancied her and she said exactly what JSM said before - she agreed to go out but soon we found it didnt work because we were too good freinds and she didnt see me in that way (a lame line if ever i heard one)!

However...... My Freind is going out with osmeone who was her best mate for a year before they got together and that is all going well - they are even past the "there is nothing else in the world apart from you stage" and are still going strong!

So really it doesnt make any difference whether you are freinds before or not...... so really this entire post was a waste of the electronic paper it is written on

Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    SUBTLTY ANYONE???? I am not a subtle person if i fancy someone ill ask them!! - is this good or bad??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CacheUK)
    SUBTLTY ANYONE???? I am not a subtle person if i fancy someone ill ask them!! - is this good or bad??
    Depends on the situation...
    But being straight up does has its advantages - either more time for lovin', or more time to chase someone else...

ReputationRep:
    LOL - too true..... and for Viena95 - being straight has advantages to (btw only joking) im off for tonight back tomorrow... or maybe later on! have a good night everyone hehe.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree. Being friends with someone is the best way to get to know them well without rushing and spoiling it.
    Yeah thats if you want to get to know the, not if you want to date them. It is because you learn about them in a different situation. I know some people that are totally different, with their girlfriends they are calm, collected and confident but to other girls they are a gibbering wreck. If you want them as friends, then friends is a good place to start. However, in my personal experiance and opinion if you get into the friends zone it is hard to get out and make it successful, especially if you become close mates. I know lots of ppl who grew so close they thought going out would complete it but it screwed both of them up.

ReputationRep:
    well done kid.

ReputationRep:
    I think it really does just depend. I had really strong feelings for somebody I knew, and we just seemed to have some sort of attraction immediately. For a time, there was nobody else I could think about. But the thing is, as we got closer and we started to talk to each other more and stuff, I stopped being attracted to him in that kind of way. It's now more of a best friend thing. We've settled into friendship. I can trust him with anything, and although that's something I want in a relationship, it's just different. I don't feel like I could have an actual relationship with him anymore because I don't have those kind of feelings anymore. But I've always believed that you need to really know somebody If you want a good relationship, so I'm contradicting myself there
    Things are always so complicated I suppose! You just have to do what you think is the best idea really, go with your own feelings on these kind of situations.

ReputationRep:
    bless

ReputationRep:
    Good show, Eric, old boy. How does it feel to have the ability to give 10 rep points?

ReputationRep:
    Whats a rep point

ReputationRep:
    Whats a rep point
    There really should be an explaination about this somewhere. Anyway, I'll tell you (but then I'm copying this into a notepad document so that I don't have to write it out the next time I'm asked).

Basically, the whole 'rep' system is a way of guaging a forum member's popularity in the forum as a whole. The 'gems' that you will see under people's names are the reflection of this. A person's reputation is recorded as a numerical figure. As a person gains more 'rep', then the number of gems they have increases. If you look at someone's post, then, at the bottom of it, you will see a small 'shout' icon. When you click this, you will be asked if you want to give a person some rep (good or bad - bad has a negative effect on their overall count).

The amount of rep points you can give / take away depends this: post count / 100 (rounded down to the nearest hundred). So, I would be able to give 27 points, whereas a person with less than 100 would not be able to give anything. For every 100 points that a person has, they will gain another gem. I currently have 198, so I will have 2 gems.

ReputationRep:
    hi i think this lad is real fit!!! but theonly problem is hes really short and im really tall what should i do????? HELP!!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Find the Yellow Pages

ReputationRep:
    Carry some yellow pages around with you!

ReputationRep:
    maybe you should buy him some stillts for christmas!!!! yeh???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    Find the Yellow Pages
    I DONT EVEN THINK THAT WOULD WORK I KNOW HES INTERESTED IN ME BUT I FEEL NASTY TELLING HIM BECAUSE ITS BECAUSE HES TOO SHORT AND HES A REALLY NICE LAD? WHY?

ReputationRep:
    Take him to the london dungeon and put him on a rack to stretch him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    Find the Yellow Pages
    that wouldnt even work hes areaaly nice lad but i cant tell him its because he to short that would be really mean?

ReputationRep:
    How old are you?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2003
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.