Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    how do u know when u r in love though.
    Well with me, i can just tell.
    Its like, you look at someone, and...
    Well it feels like, inside, like a.... ermm....

I cant really describe it. It would be too easy to say something like, "The world before is black and white, but when you see that special someone, the world's in full colour, and you cannot see life differently ever again".
    But there are so many of those cliche's about, the same old analogies, descriptions of how beautiful love is, and how happy it makes you feel.
    To be truthful, any description pales in comparison to the real feeling of love.

Well, thats my opinion anyway.

ReputationRep:
    it's just that. i know this girl, and i really really like her. i think about her all the time, but i think about her face and personality. is that love, when you think about a girls facal fetures rather then her body

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    it's just that. i know this girl, and i really really like her. i think about her all the time, but i think about her face and personality. is that love, when you think about a girls facal fetures rather then her body
    when ur in love, u just know. if u have any doubts as to whether ur in love or not, then ur not.

(like its that simple lol)

kita xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Well love is different for everyone. And it certainly isn't about a persons body.
    And if you really like her, surely thats enough?
    But i think, if you really need to ask whether its love, then maybe it isn't.
    Because if it is love, i would think you would already know it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    But i think, if you really need to ask whether its love, then maybe it isn't.
    Because if it is love, i would think you would already know it.
    My point exactly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    when ur in love, u just know. if u have any doubts as to whether ur in love or not, then ur not.

(like its that simple lol)

kita xx
    Not always though. Maybe a person is in love, but has trouble accepting that it is such a big thing as love.
    I mean, people have trouble accepting things so, well frankly beautiful as love, so tend to question it.

ReputationRep:
    the reason why i'm having trouble is because, she aint in this country. she is in america and i've gotten to know her through MSN.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    the reason why i'm having trouble is because, she aint in this country. she is in america and i've gotten to know her through MSN.
    Hmm... yeah.
    Its hard to tell if its love over the net.
    I've often wished that it was possible to find love that way, so people judged you on who you are, not just a first impression on looking at you.
    But to be sure whether its really true love, you'd have to meet them, i'd think. There are people who'd argue differently though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    it's just that. i know this girl, and i really really like her. i think about her all the time, but i think about her face and personality. is that love, when you think about a girls facal features rather then her body
    I think you think about the person themself, rather than facial features or their body, if however you're saying you picture her face in a (can't wait to see her again) sort of way, then I would say you could be falling in love. I do think if you are in love it is something you just know w/out question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    o....
    ive been in that position before erm...its not good

thing is...i know ul disagree because i did when i was in your position, but you dont REALLY know her. u dibt know how she acts in person hen she is around other people, or her body language, or nething like that - u can be whoever u want to be via internet.

And yeah i accept that love is a really tricky subject and u may deny it etc....i dont know how to define it or nething - its all down to your own feelings and opinion i suppose...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    o....
    ive been in that position before erm...its not good

thing is...i know ul disagree because i did when i was in your position, but you dont REALLY know her. u dibt know how she acts in person hen she is around other people, or her body language, or nething like that - u can be whoever u want to be via internet.

And yeah i accept that love is a really tricky subject and u may deny it etc....i dont know how to define it or nething - its all down to your own feelings and opinion i suppose...
    I'd disagree.
    I've met people on the net, who i did REALLY get to know.
    And to prove the point, i met one of them about a week ago, and they were exactly how they seemed.
    But sometimes there not though.

ReputationRep:
    so i am in love.

i know that some people will be asking "how do i know that she is who she says she is" but i've been talking to her for three years. we've done live cam talkings (nothin sexual). and we are planning to meet when we finish our education.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    so i am in love.
    Simple really, when it comes to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    so i am in love.

i know that some people will be asking "how do i know that she is who she says she is" but i've been talking to her for three years. we've done live cam talkings (nothin sexual). and we are planning to meet when we finish our education.
    I would say it is a strong possibility, but you probably won't know for sure untill you meet face to face. That first kiss can say a hell of alot.

ReputationRep:
    I'd disagree.
    I've met people on the net, who i did REALLY get to know.
    And to prove the point, i met one of them about a week ago, and they were exactly how they seemed.
    But sometimes there not though.
    Ive met two people from the net - one of them was exactly how they seemed. The other was definately not lol.
    so its down to a matter of who you have met really. u cant base that on just the people u have met, u need to generalise. And no im not generalising, but theres alot of people who have met others who arent who they seem - u cant rule that out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    ...u need to generalise. And no im not generalising...
    Huh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    That first kiss can say a hell of alot.
    No, not really. If it takes intimate contact to make you think your in love, then it probably isn't.

ReputationRep:
    Huh?
    er...i dont really know...it made sense when i was typing it lol...
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by kita)
    er...i dont really know...it made sense when i was typing it lol...
    Glad I'm not the only person who does that

ReputationRep:
    No, not really. If it takes intimate contact to make you think your in love, then it probably isn't.
    No, I'm saying if it's the right person and you are in love or falling in love that first kiss can literally make you weak in the knees.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.