Turn on thread page Beta

Paypal buyer protection question watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I bought something off ebay a few weeks ago and still haven't received it even though the seller claims to have posted it first class. I was wondering if there's a time frame to claim item not received to Paypal? I don't want to sit here waiting then find out I've lost my money because I waited too long, on the other hand this guy had 500+ feedback so I want to think he actually sent it and give it sufficient time to arrive.

Thanks for any help.

ReputationRep:
    You can start a claim after 7 days, I believe.
    When did they say they'd ship it, and have you queried it with the seller?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Controversial)
    You can start a claim after 7 days, I believe.
    When did they say they'd ship it, and have you queried it with the seller?
    They said they'd shipped it a few weeks ago. I already emailled once saying I haven't got it and they said they'd shipped it first class and I just emailled them again asking for a tracking number. Not heard back yet.

Is there a upper limit for making a claim?

ReputationRep:
    If they have 500+ poitive feedback it would seem that the seller probably has sent the item out, therefore maybe it was lost in the post, in which case he can claim compensation from the Royal mail and issue you a refund i think, what was the item?

ReputationRep:
    welcome to the world of Paypal. There is a definite time scale, it isn't long and failure to comply will mean paypal wash their hands of you. There is a minimum value of item as well below which they don't care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    They said they'd shipped it a few weeks ago. I already emailled once saying I haven't got it and they said they'd shipped it first class and I just emailled them again asking for a tracking number. Not heard back yet.

Is there a upper limit for making a claim?
    From https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ide#pbp-policy:
    a. What are the eligibility requirements for PayPal Buyer Protection?

You must meet all of these requirements:

* Use PayPal to purchase an eligible item on eBay.
    * Pay for the full amount of the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments – like a deposit followed by a final payment – are not eligible.
    * Send the payment to the seller through:
    o The eBay "Pay Now" button, or
    o the eBay invoice,
    * Open a Dispute within 45 days of the date you sent the payment – then follow the online dispute resolution process described below under Dispute Resolution.
    * Keep your PayPal account in good standing.
    c. How much coverage do I get with PayPal Buyer Protection?

If you see the PayPal Buyer Protection message "Pay with PayPal and full purchase price is covered", and if PayPal finds in your favor on your Claim, PayPal will reimburse you for the full purchase price of the item and original shipping costs – with no cap on coverage. If the buyer protection message includes a cap on coverage, and if PayPal finds in your favor, then PayPal will reimburse you for the full purchase price of the item and original shipping costs, up to the coverage cap specified in the buyer protection message. The amount of coverage varies based on the eBay website where the purchase is made.

PayPal will not reimburse you for the return shipping costs that you incur to return a Significantly Not as Described item to the seller or other party PayPal specifies. If the seller presents evidence that they delivered the goods to your address, PayPal may find in favor of the seller even if you did not receive the goods.
    As above, you have 45 days to open a dispute, and provided you're covered by Buyer Protection (make sure that your PayPal payment receipt shows the link to the eBay item, or you could have trouble) there's no cap on what you can claim.

I'd suggest that you try to resolve this with the seller in the first instance, particularly if they seem to have a good reputation, but you should have the Buyer Protection Policy to fall back on if necessary. Just make sure that the transaction has been properly linked to the eBay listing by PayPal, or you could have problems.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.