Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    All sorted thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely see what they have to say, but if you feel uncomfortable being around them then maybe try and expand your friendship group when you get to college.

ReputationRep:
    Peep show had a good episode with this exact sort of thing happening. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I would run away from this dude, he 'opened up'! Yeah, sure, he thought you were racist too.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, yeah it's really just a general uneasiness that's set in now when I think about things he's done in the past in this light. For example I saw he's got several Skrewdriver songs on his Zen but then again he's also got a few by Rhianna so I defiantly think the least he deserves is for me to find out just exactly what he's all about like you say.

ReputationRep:
    Be brave. You never know, you could be taking it all a bit too seriously - maybe he was joking? Maybe its only him who has those beliefs?
    Just go along and see. Even if they are racist, they could be nice people... well, I'm not sure I could get along with racists but hey you never know

ReputationRep:
    Mark...Corrigan...8|
    I'd not be friends with them any more if i were you...with advice on what to do, I'd stick to what that episode on peep show says as closely as possible!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoliceStory)
    Peep show had a good episode with this exact sort of thing happening. :awesome:
    I thought of that episode as well! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smashthemirror)
    I do still have a few niggling doubts
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    If he is inclined to racism as a few of you suggest, I don't see how I can just terminate contact with him.

He's been nothing but genial with me and eugenics aside we get on very well. If I tell him to get to france because he's racist then it could get very awkward for me

ReputationRep:
    I think you should ride it out until something "OMG!1!" worthy comes up, if you know what I mean. He's probably young, educate him whilst it's early. :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    Now I really want to watch that peepshow episode.

ReputationRep:
    Whats the name of the episode?

ReputationRep:
    skrewdriver lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoliceStory)
    Peep show had a good episode with this exact sort of thing happening. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...es/awesome.gif
    Lol, i thought exactly that too!

ReputationRep:
    Theys gonna try and brainwash you. Run for the hills my friend

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to ask yourself rather than us; so what?
    Does it really matter whether he harbours racist views or not?
    He's (presumably) not acting on them, it's not like he invited you to go cross-burning with his buddies.
    Give him a chance first (even if that is somewhat of a contradiction).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your advice chaps, apparently "the gang" are getting together tomorrow so I shall head down and see what they have to say.
    I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship!

ReputationRep:
    Tell him not to post on TSR. He'd be murdered.

If he's been a good friend I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.