Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What was it like and what did you do?
    Im going on 27th ya see
    x

ReputationRep:
    It was awesome! Gotta be up at 8 for breakfast though =P Hope that's not a problem, I know it was for me xD

You get lectures on managing time and finance and stuff, I cant really say all you do because its tonnes! But the evenings were awesome! Spent time in the Source and went into town twice to two clubs (Though I only went on Monday night) and then Karaoke on the last night! Hope I didnt just ruin it all then xD But you did ask lol!

You'll have a great time! Its an awesome experience and will be so glad you signed up to go!

ReputationRep:
    breakfast 8-9, lectures and seminars on varous topics from 9-5, with breaks and lunch, tea at 5 to 6, and then aftivities like quiz in the su bar, night clubs, bowling, dancing classes, films, and last night in the su bar again with Karaoke.
    Make sure you have plenty of sleep before you arrive, as many people like to stay up late :-)

ReputationRep:
    I woke up at 1pm today after flying start lol..

Its really good fun and will prepare you for UCLAN brilliantly, everyones really friendly and its a right laugh, aswell as learning about the whole uni experience.

Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    Oooh im getting all excited now! x

ReputationRep:
    Is that like Headstart for noob subjects?

:p:

ReputationRep:
    lol there's no need for a signature that big xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danposmaytee)
    lol there's no need for a signature that big xD
    lol i just spend 5 mins in awe of how cool it is, i think he can keep it xD

ReputationRep:
    It was amazing. All the mentors are awesome, especially you Carl!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimD)
    All the mentors are awesome

Damn right we are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccaarr)
    Damn right we are.
    I'm the one who spoke to you in the middle of the street randomly one of the days =D.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dannyx90)
    I'm the one who spoke to you in the middle of the street randomly one of the days =D.
    =D Thank you for my postit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elementric)
    Is that like Headstart for noob subjects?

:p:
    Nope, Flying start is for all !
    Whats headstart? is that a uclan project?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to bring when i come! Do people bring like suitcases? or what? i know that sounds a really daft thing to ask lol x

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I had a top time!

Thanks to all the mentors!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky2401)
    i know that sounds a really daft thing to ask lol x
    Not in a million years, I wish I'd been smart enough to ask that before I went.

They supply towels, bedding, food, pens (though they're rubbish!), and folders.

The only things really needed are toiletries, clothes, and money and ID for going out in the evening.

And you'll probably need to bring a suitcase, most people did. Only the fools (like me ) brought just a rucksack, I sadly found out that 2 changes of clothes was not enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimD)
    Not in a million years, I wish I'd been smart enough to ask that before I went.

They supply towels, bedding, food, pens (though they're rubbish!), and folders.

The only things really needed are toiletries, clothes, and money and ID for going out in the evening.

And you'll probably need to bring a suitcase, most people did. Only the fools (like me ) brought just a rucksack, I sadly found out that 2 changes of clothes was not enough!
    Thanks for sharing that info, will need all the help i can get before i go in August. When you say money, how much on average dya reckon people take/need? as, as i've only been on a night out in manchester i'm unsure how much a 'night out' is in preston as it can be pricey in manchester.

Cheers for any help!

ReputationRep:
    I wish they had this when I first started! Sounds like you all had a good time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rovers)
    I wish they had this when I first started! Sounds like you all had a good time.
    When did you start? Cos its been going 10 years..............

ReputationRep:
    Blinking heck, must just not remember then! I started in 2004 first time round!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.