Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    12 or just after normal time we hit the clubs, do drinking in a few bars before hand, get tanked up so you drink less in the club, and don't pay over the top for a drink then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milner001)
    Got my 18th in a few weeks time and am planning to have a night out with a few mates. Haven't previously done much of the nightclub scene before so i am wondering if 9.45 is too early to go to a nightclub. I am originally planning this time because its before 10pm which means free entry and coincides with train times. If i tell my friends this will that be okay or will they think this is too early
    Free before 10?

Where do you live mate?

I think I need to go to this place...:yep:

ReputationRep:
    10.30pm is when a lot that Ive been to open up, but the earliest I would get there is 11pm (and only if there were good drink offers) otherwise midnight.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with pub before club. 9.45pm till 3.30am - nearly 6 hours? Where's the crack in that? :lolwut: Plus your wallet will be significantly lighter

ReputationRep:
    I personally wouldn't go before 11.30/12ish. Even though you will get free entry if you go earlier the drinks in a club will be more expensive so you will probably actually save money by drinking indoors or in a pub before going.

ReputationRep:
    not before 11.30.

Because the chosen bar was really expensive last night we moved to clubs at 11.30 (partly because me and a mate didnt bring that much money and £6.50 a drink is a little too pricey) Like, 6 people on the floor.

Meet your friends at 10 if you want, but meet at a bar. A few people will be late. Then once everyones there more to a better bar or just stay there till like 12 then go clubs. Imo.

ReputationRep:
    Depends where you are, ask somebody who knows the area better. If you lived round here I would say go a bit later, personally when I go out we wont leave a bar before half 12 and then move on to the club. If it's a popular club though they may stop letting people in after a certain time, so best to ask somebody who knows.

Also, if it's your 18th, then I'm guessing a few of you will be ruined after a few hours drinking. Clubs often get tougher on letting people in as the night goes on and regardless of ID, young looking bladdered people will be the first to be get knocked back. So if you think this will be you, I'd go earlier than the standard time.

ReputationRep:
    NEVER go in a club before 11pm. If possible, don't go in until midnight. 9-12 is talking time with the friends in a trendy bar or disgustingly grotty pub (depending on your preference - I prefer filthy pubs). If it's a good club it will be open until 3:30 if not later anyway so there is plenty of time for dancing, more drinking, then further dancing.

Yea, the special nights at the clubs I go to never get busy until around 11:30. You have to be fashionably late, so all heads turn to you when you walk through the door. You can't make an entrance when there's nobody there to look at you. Believe me, I've walked into a club with drag queens before, and it wouldn't have been the same if there wasn't lots of people there to stare!!! XD

ReputationRep:
    Anywhere between 11pm and 1am is acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    Between 12-1.

If the place shuts at 3 then get there before 1, if it's like Fabric or something and shuts at like 9, then whenever. Last time I did an all nighter I didn't even get there until 3ish.

ReputationRep:
    i think that's an ok time - means you get more time to have a drink/ dance with your friends - meet new people

ReputationRep:
    3.30am, you've missed the party and you've got the whole day to wait until it strikes up again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cocoangel)
    free entry for girls is usually before 11 30 but it be safe get on the guestlist for a club my friend does promoting for clubs and he's one is free for girls before 11 30 and sometimes free drinks all nite
    Id never go to a nightlub which discriminates in such a way.

Why not free entry for whites? Or free entry for straight people?

Disguesting that nightlubs seem to be exempt from the laws that apply to others.

ReputationRep:
    Too early is a 12 year olds bedtime on a school night.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go to a club before 11.30 and it's usually pretty empty even then. It's awful when you're sat all by yourselves in a club atmosphere. Entrance usually goes up loads after midnight and drink offers usually end, so I'd aim to get in at 11.30 . Go around some bars in the area first. Me and my friends usually arrive in town at half 9/10ish and go around all the bars first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    I don't see how going home at 1am makes someone a "loser".

Obviously I'm just not "cool" enough.
    To be fair, it isn't just that which makes him a loser. You'd have to meet the guy - he's quite annoying. He doesn't have a clue how to host a party though. Most people I know would expect to go out no earlier than 11pm after pre-drinks and leave no earlier than 2am on an average night out, let alone someone's birthday. I don't feel as though I've let my hair down otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    2am.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.