The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Because it's fun :awesome:

Kidding, I wouldn't cheat. Probably because they want to best of both worlds. Sex on tap at home and then when it gets boring the can go out and sleep with someone new. Maybe they like the security of a relationship, sort of?
Because I can

Nah, I don't cheat, I don't even have a GF :colondollar:
Reply 3
Because my girlfriend was Stupid
I cheated someone only once, a very long time ago, and have never felt so bad about anything.

I don't know exactly why I did it. I was very drunk (I'm not trying to use that as an excuse, just saying why it happened) and wasn't entirely aware of what I was doing. The person I cheated with hadn't been drinking and took massive advantage of me.

Again, NO EXCUSE I KNOW, just the thread asks for a reason, not trying to justify myself - but I'd been considering splitting up with my boyfriend for a while, things weren't the same and if I hadn't cheated it would have lasted a couple of months tops anyway - which was probably going on in my subconscious somewhere.
Maybe they go for the excitement and the whole forbidden-ness of it all :dontknow:
I can understand one-offs, but people who repeatedly enter into a relationship and then get involved with someone else outside of the relationship just baffle me entirely. I wish there was a simple reason, because I'd really, honestly like to know too.

Reasons probably range from insecurity, immaturity, enjoying the 'chase' more than the relationship (then why officially have one?), or even just feeling like the person you are with doesn't match up to your ego-standards.
Reply 7
I like to rebel! :cool: plus it's different, as opposed to the normal boring innocent relationship with just one person :rolleyes: I mean it's so passé. I usually do it for revenge though, so if she pisses me off...solution? Cheat :biggrin: OR! If I end up getting really bored in the relationship and don't want to have to go through the whole 'sorry this isn't working, I think we should go out seperate ways' break up conversation...just cheat :biggrin: (and let them know about it), it's fun and it does the job :yep:
Reply 8
C++Hacker
I like to rebel! :cool: plus it's different, as opposed to the normal boring innocent relationship with just one person :rolleyes: I mean it's so passé. I usually do it for revenge though, so if she pisses me off...solution? Cheat :biggrin: OR! If I end up getting really bored in the relationship and don't want to have to go through the whole 'sorry this isn't working, I think we should go out seperate ways' break up conversation...just cheat :biggrin: (and let them know about it), it's fun and it does the job :yep:

Why enter a relationship in the first place?
Reply 9
pina.Love
Why enter a relationship in the first place?

Why not enter a relationship? I don't actually start a relationship already having decided I WILL cheat...depends on the circumstances that arise later on, like say if it gets boring...or temptations arise :p:
Plus if cheaters were not to enter a relationship, then we wouldn't get the thrill of cheating, it would just be 'sleeping around' kind of thing...that is not as fun I assure you! Doesn't provide the same thrills, plus when it isn't cheating season, being in a relationship is good insurance you'll get some :yep: it's win-win situation really (for the cheater, not the cheatee) :laugh:
Because I want to have sex with other people
Reply 11
C++Hacker

Wow. You are seriously shallow and heartless.
Reply 12
When the Grass is greener. Or better trimmed.
Reply 13
Being drunk is the most common reason, but I ain't eva done it.
Reply 14
I don't think many people want to actively cheat.

Well, that's not quite what I mean.

What I mean is, if people actually wanted to cheat, and went out with the intention to get sex, the same way they would if they were single, it would lose it's 'danger' and 'wrongness', and that's what most people end up doing it for.

Women are extremely tempting creatures, and you can't turn that temptation on and off because you are in a relationship. We are genetically predisposed to being attracted to attractive women, and our instincts do not bow down to our relationship status. Some people have more conscious self-control than others, but everybody suffers the same inner temptation.

Cheaters and non-cheaters alike know what it's like to want to have sex with someone who you're not in a relationship with. The only difference is that some of them act on it, and others don't.

But it's not difficult to see why people do end up trapped by their desires.
Reply 15
I have never cheated whenever i've been in a relationship, although someone did cheat on me even though I kinda knew it was gonna happen yet at the time we hadn't been out long, and she was a total slag. this was when I was 15 and she was 15, she had a baby a year later.
So we can say "LOL OWNED" afterwards.
Reply 17
bennh
Wow. You are seriously shallow and heartless.

:mmm: Yes, Yes I am!
No but seriously, so many people do it..it's almost become part of relationships, like it should be a shock in every relationship if one of the two hasn't cheated!

Also, I always say that people are only as faithful as their options allow them to be. Is it easy for a quiet decent guy with no other girls after him to not cheat, yes.
Is it easy not to cheat for a really good looking popular guy with girls throwing their boobies in his mouth...absolutely no way, it's damn hard..if not impossible :p: Not to say that's the case with every person who cheats, I'm just average but I pull it off somehow. I'm just not really deluded enough to be falling into this whole little bubble most young couples have nowadays of this 'oh we love each other so much we're soul mates, we're going to be with each other for ever'. Total bullcrap, complete waste of time. Every relationship which is bound to end is a waste of time if taken seriously with a lot of effort and emotions invested in it. So I just take every relationship for what it really is, just another teen relationship based on physical attraction serving the purpose of sexual desires.
I had a friend at uni who told me one night out of the blue that she'd cheated on her long-term boyfriend quite a bit, in a sort of phase, and that he'd never found out. But she said she needed to get it out of her system whilst she was young so that she could now be with her boyfriend forever, and so that she wouldn't have any regrets and all that. At the time I was horrified, and I don't think I could do it because the guilt would ruin a relationship, but with time I've come to see what she meant.
It's the only way I can get good grades.

oooooh

Latest

Trending

Trending