Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoundDevastation)
    I cheated because i was unhappy with my relationship... I was wanting to end it, but because there was so mch baggage, ending it was a long and drawn out process. And in the middle of this process i just ended up sharing a tent with a lovely guy who i liked alot. I dont regret it, it was what i needed to kick me into really ending it.
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Alcohol, alone in a tent together, freezing cold outside.

It sort of just happened. =\
    Is this more than just a coincidence? :ninja:

There is no excuse for it, I don't care what people say. If you aren't happy enough with the person you are with, that you have to be with someone else, then you should break it off with that person. "Baggage" doesn't matter - you just do it. Anyone who can't do that is a coward and emotionally retarded.

Having said that, if someone does cheat as a one off, and it is totally out of character for that person, and they still love their partner (although I personally don't see how that's possible, because if you love them you wouldn't do it...), then if they tell their partner about it, then perhaps they deserve a second chance. I can't stand people who don't tell their partners they've cheated, even as a one off, and let them live in ignorance. If you've got the audacity to cheat, at least have the balls to tell the person you supposedly love!

I don't really care if that's ''harsh'', it's all true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoundDevastation)
    No.
    No waaaaaaay :eek3: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Cheaters ain't real.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C++Hacker)
    :mmm: Yes, Yes I am!
    No but seriously, so many people do it..it's almost become part of relationships, like it should be a shock in every relationship if one of the two hasn't cheated!

Also, I always say that people are only as faithful as their options allow them to be. Is it easy for a quiet decent guy with no other girls after him to not cheat, yes.
    Is it easy not to cheat for a really good looking popular guy with girls throwing their boobies in his mouth...absolutely no way, it's damn hard..if not impossible :p: Not to say that's the case with every person who cheats, I'm just average but I pull it off somehow. I'm just not really deluded enough to be falling into this whole little bubble most young couples have nowadays of this 'oh we love each other so much we're soul mates, we're going to be with each other for ever'. Total bullcrap, complete waste of time. Every relationship which is bound to end is a waste of time if taken seriously with a lot of effort and emotions invested in it. So I just take every relationship for what it really is, just another teen relationship based on physical attraction serving the purpose of sexual desires.
    Wow , some one said it well.

You are getting a rep for being honest

ReputationRep:
    I've cheated a few times before, and I think for me it was just that I wasn't ready for the seriousness of the relationship I was in. I've learnt as a person I'm not ready for commitment and therefore have decided not to get into that type of relationship until I've grown-up a little bit in that department. Because cheating is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    Lame OP: Why are you lame?
    Your mum is lame She cheated on you

I cheat cos i want to be banged...

NAH - CBA 2 cheat lol

ReputationRep:
    It's not illegal to cheat in the UK - it's perfectly fine. If you're in a relationship it may be better to go through some 'ground rules' at the start - else you might as well just get your blow in first, no?

The above is one way round it. I again would not want to be cheated on but again I have invented an easy way round this:

just never enter into relationships. Easy.

squishysquish.

ReputationRep:
    I cheat because my gf cheated on me ages ago. Nothing beats revenge in the form of cheating on her as much as possible.
    To be fair though ive only cheated on her with 2 girls, 1 of which was merely a holiday romance. Plus it was only a kiss, so really ive cheated once.

ReputationRep:
    Major issues and insecurities, i never went out intending to cheat. But part of me needed to know that i was still attractive to other men, if i found myself in the position where i needed to be i.e. single. I didn't break up with my boyfriend because as i said i never planned on cheating. After he found out and to my amazement and unending gratitude he forgave me and took me back, i went to every measure i could possibly think of to stop me cheating, i stopped drinking permanantly, i worked on my insecurituies with my freinds and talked through them with my boyfriend who have been massive help and three years on i haven't come close to another man, he has regained his trust and we are stronger and more in love than ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)

There is no excuse for it, I don't care what people say. If you aren't happy enough with the person you are with, that you have to be with someone else, then you should break it off with that person. "Baggage" doesn't matter - you just do it. Anyone who can't do that is a coward and emotionally retarded.

Having said that, if someone does cheat as a one off, and it is totally out of character for that person, and they still love their partner (although I personally don't see how that's possible, because if you love them you wouldn't do it...), then if they tell their partner about it, then perhaps they deserve a second chance. I can't stand people who don't tell their partners they've cheated, even as a one off, and let them live in ignorance. If you've got the audacity to cheat, at least have the balls to tell the person you supposedly love!

I don't really care if that's ''harsh'', it's all true.
    I would so rep you for this, but i got neg repped like hell for posing a question...so not worth a dime lol

So from reading this forum the majority of cheaters were selfish, cowards and completely stupid. And for those who cheat because they were cheated on..have you ever heard to the saying an eye for an eye makes the world blind? Its a silly reason to cheat if you were cheated on you know how hurtful it is so why cheat back then especially if it was a mistake. You might as well break up with the person that cheated on you in the first place.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.