Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Ive just recieved all the info on the move in weekend for huddersfield ( 5th/6th september) I`m so gutted cos im not able to get there till the 10th due to high costs of flights!

I was just wondering if EVERYONE will b moving in on these dates or if theres gonna be people comming all through the weeks.

I rele dont wanna arrive and everyone already made thier mates and started the fun without me. Its gonna b awful if i walk in on the 10th and im a loner !

Anyone else in the same position ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaviar)
    Don't worry at all! 4 days is nothing!
    It takes me at least a week to remember people names so don't worry at all!
    Thanx, thats made me feel abit better. I just keep seeing all the students posting comments about how amazing that weekend is gonna be ! I`m just being over dramatic tho

ReputationRep:
    There was a few of the people in my flat and next door that didnt move in until after the welcome weekend so dont worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurenxx)
    There was a few of the people in my flat and next door that didnt move in until after the welcome weekend so dont worry about it.
    ohh rele ? but do u think i will miss out not being there durin welcome weekend ? like all the partys etc .... ?

xx

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Definitely not. People hardly know anybody so doubt there will be that many "parties" as such in the first few days. It will be a case of getting to know your flatmates and going out with them and getting to know Huddersfield.

ReputationRep:
    You won't miss much. All the international students hang out with each other and are always partying. As for freshers week, I didn't even know it occured as I didn't see much going on in Snow Island.

(I've been on placement here from July 08 and was allowed to go in halls even though I'm at a different uni)

ReputationRep:
    don't worry about the 10th, I'm still on holiday during the first week so I'm not moving in til the 13th! I'm glad I'm not the only one who was a bit worried, but I know it will be ok What are you studying? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nim09)
    don't worry about the 10th, I'm still on holiday during the first week so I'm not moving in til the 13th! I'm glad I'm not the only one who was a bit worried, but I know it will be ok What are you studying? x
    hey im gonna be studying fashion media and promotion. What about u ? Im feeling better bout the whole moving in later. Ive met alota people who will b going later too. Just means we will save more money for freshers week Getting rele excited tho xx

ReputationRep:
    wait...so people move in on 5th September? I thought that was when we picked up keys and checked out our room etc

ReputationRep:
    where did you find out the moving in days and stuff? im gnna live at aspley halls and im not sure when to move in..i get the place on the 5th...what should i do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rossg)
    wait...so people move in on 5th September? I thought that was when we picked up keys and checked out our room etc
    yea the 5th & 6th are the official move in days but you can move in before or after that if you make alternate arrangements with the staff at storthes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heroine)
    yea the 5th & 6th are the official move in days but you can move in before or after that if you make alternate arrangements with the staff at storthes
    This seems a bit early I thought it was 18/19th. I won't be ready to move in by then. Do most people move in at this time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rossg)
    This seems a bit early I thought it was 18/19th. I won't be ready to move in by then. Do most people move in at this time?
    nah that's like time to enrol for your course and stuff. most of the people i've spoken to are moving on the 5th, a couple of the 6th and there's a couple moving during the following week because they're coming from abroad and stuff but there's gonna be tons of storthes fresher activities from the 6th. but if you're not going to be ready by then, just let storthes know so they can arrange another move in date with you

ReputationRep:
    nah that's like time to enrol for your course and stuff. most of the people i've spoken to are moving on the 5th, a couple of the 6th and there's a couple moving during the following week because they're coming from abroad and stuff but there's gonna be tons of storthes fresher activities from the 6th. but if you're not going to be ready by then, just let storthes know so they can arrange another move in date with you
    This is bad news, I've got driving theory and practical tests to do So won't be able to move in with everyone else. What will I miss out on? Where are the dates and event lists?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rossg)
    This is bad news, I've got driving theory and practical tests to do So won't be able to move in with everyone else. What will I miss out on? Where are the dates and event lists?
    if you don't move in until around the 17th you'll miss out on the picnic, pj party, treasure hunt, gangsta theme night, american football night, sports day, pimp & ho theme night, lets get funked uv party, cow boy & girls theme night, chavs & goths theme night and smurf night lol. they're all listed at storthes hall on facebook, you need to add them as a friend

ReputationRep:
    if you don't move in until around the 17th you'll miss out on the picnic, pj party, treasure hunt, gangsta theme night, american football night, sports day, pimp & ho theme night, lets get funked uv party, cow boy & girls theme night, chavs & goths theme night and smurf night lol. they're all listed at storthes hall on facebook, you need to add them as a friend
    Do you have a link, please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rossg)
    Do you have a link, please?
    http://www.facebook.com/storthes.hall

ReputationRep:
    http://www.facebook.com/storthes.hall
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    what about aspleyyy!!!!??

ReputationRep:
    i havent heard anything about the moving in weekend, nor have my two mates that are going, should i still turn up or not?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Huddersfield
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.