Turn on thread page Beta

Advice regarding younger girls in school that you don't know. watch

Well I'm basically well out of my comfort zone here! I've just turned 17, just about to finish year 12 at school and now like a girl in year 10 at school - somebody I don't know at all, but what I've seen/heard I like. Although it's not the end of the world if I don't ask her out, I'd like some opinions on how to potentially 'get in there' with younger girls. At my school our year don't mix with year 10s, so I don't really have much excuse/chance to talk to her, and parties with year 10 and 12 would never happen.

I've dated a few girls properly, my last girlfriend for 18 months, and normally know what to do, and seem to be able to sort my friends out too. Normally I just spend a week or more getting to know a girl through teasing etc, then ask her out before we are close to the 'friends zone' - if she likes me that is, or at parties.

This girl is the most attractive in her year, or even the school, so I don't know if the 'older guy' thing will have the edge it usually does.

But yes. I am screwed for ideas on how to talk to her on this one. Part of me just thinks I should casually ask her out, but if some random girl asked me out I'd be slightly confused. So how do you build a relationship without any foundations whatsoever?

Oh and yer, what are your views on dating someone 2 years below?

Cheers for answers guys. Much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    It can work, it really depends on your personalities. Unless you want to go walking into a Yr 10 classroom and ask her out in front of everyone maybe get to know her on facebook or msn?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.