Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm a heavy smoker, 20 a day, give or take.

I was wondering if a lot of people at Uni smoke or if the majority were zealous people who hated smoking.

Or yano, somewhere in between?

ReputationRep:
    i smoke bout 5-10 a day

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your circle of friends really. There are some people who smoke, some people who aren't bothered and some people who are really self-righteous about it all.

ReputationRep:
    Probably a fairly normal cross section of society at most universities.

In my experience though, there is a class element to it. The working classes smoke a fair bit, the lower middle classes abhor it and the upper-middle and above classes smoke as much as the working classes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8EnglishRoses)
    Depends on your circle of friends really. There are some people who smoke, some people who aren't bothered and some people who are really self-righteous about it all.
    Same as school, work and anywhere in life then really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Probably a fairly normal cross section of society at most universities.

In my experience though, there is a class element to it. The working classes smoke a fair bit, the lower middle classes abhor it and the upper-middle and above classes smoke as much as the working classes.
    That sounds about right really.

I've a friend who grabs peoples **** out their mouths and rips them up if she sees them smoking, she's also been known to rip up whole packets. Needless to say when I'm a poor student, if she tries it again I'll rip up her face :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getinthevan)

I've a friend who grabs peoples **** out their mouths and rips them up if she sees them smoking, she's also been known to rip up whole packets. Needless to say when I'm a poor student, if she tries it again I'll rip up her face :p:
    Good one. When the revolution comes, people like her will be first against the wall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Same as school, work and anywhere in life then really.
    Basically, yes.

ReputationRep:
    I'm only a social smoker - carry cigars with me for very special occassions (ie birthdays, barbeques, fridays etc).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Be honest now; are you taking out of your a***hole again?

ReputationRep:

Christ, that's pretty extreme.

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll meet plenty of smokers. I have to say I'm really not bothered if someone chooses to smoke. I don't. Although, very rarely, when I'm drunk I will because it heightens my mood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlanetTea)
    Its bloody annoying! She goes on about how its not big and its not clever, but I remember seeing on her Bebo (way back in the day :p:) her and a friend posing with **** and looking "cool" so I think I will bring that up next time she tries ripping my rollies up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlanetTea)
    This is what nicotine does to people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennifer.re)
    This is what nicotine does to people.
    He was referring to her ripping my **** up, dear :p:

ReputationRep:
    He was referring to her ripping my **** up, dear :p:
    God I should go to bed earlier so I don't appear so stupid on the internet. Haha. 5am postings on TSR always result in fail.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.