Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a heavy smoker, 20 a day, give or take.

I was wondering if a lot of people at Uni smoke or if the majority were zealous people who hated smoking.

Or yano, somewhere in between?

ReputationRep:
    i smoke bout 5-10 a day

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your circle of friends really. There are some people who smoke, some people who aren't bothered and some people who are really self-righteous about it all.

ReputationRep:
    Probably a fairly normal cross section of society at most universities.

In my experience though, there is a class element to it. The working classes smoke a fair bit, the lower middle classes abhor it and the upper-middle and above classes smoke as much as the working classes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8EnglishRoses)
    Depends on your circle of friends really. There are some people who smoke, some people who aren't bothered and some people who are really self-righteous about it all.
    Same as school, work and anywhere in life then really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Probably a fairly normal cross section of society at most universities.

In my experience though, there is a class element to it. The working classes smoke a fair bit, the lower middle classes abhor it and the upper-middle and above classes smoke as much as the working classes.
    That sounds about right really.

I've a friend who grabs peoples **** out their mouths and rips them up if she sees them smoking, she's also been known to rip up whole packets. Needless to say when I'm a poor student, if she tries it again I'll rip up her face :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getinthevan)

I've a friend who grabs peoples **** out their mouths and rips them up if she sees them smoking, she's also been known to rip up whole packets. Needless to say when I'm a poor student, if she tries it again I'll rip up her face :p:
    Good one. When the revolution comes, people like her will be first against the wall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Same as school, work and anywhere in life then really.
    Basically, yes.

ReputationRep:
    I'm only a social smoker - carry cigars with me for very special occassions (ie birthdays, barbeques, fridays etc).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Be honest now; are you taking out of your a***hole again?

ReputationRep:

Christ, that's pretty extreme.

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll meet plenty of smokers. I have to say I'm really not bothered if someone chooses to smoke. I don't. Although, very rarely, when I'm drunk I will because it heightens my mood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlanetTea)
    Its bloody annoying! She goes on about how its not big and its not clever, but I remember seeing on her Bebo (way back in the day :p:) her and a friend posing with **** and looking "cool" so I think I will bring that up next time she tries ripping my rollies up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlanetTea)
    This is what nicotine does to people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennifer.re)
    This is what nicotine does to people.
    He was referring to her ripping my **** up, dear :p:

ReputationRep:
    He was referring to her ripping my **** up, dear :p:
    God I should go to bed earlier so I don't appear so stupid on the internet. Haha. 5am postings on TSR always result in fail.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.