Turn on thread page Beta

Is this car worth the money? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlski)
    Ok, but even without total car cloning - unless it's an unusual car, it's still fairly unnecessary. I see lots of cars like that Pug every time I go into town, I bet that there would be at least one of the right model and colour in the supermarket car park if I walked around looking for one.
    yeah you're probably right, still I guess it makes it that little less likely that you're ones going to be the one for some guy trawling the net 200 miles away (lol seems like a dodgy chat room experience)

On the contrary, I wouldnt see the point in doing it for most of your cars I've seen you post about because you don't see them about much so probably wouldnt go doing crimes in them unless you wanna stick out like a swore thumb!

ReputationRep:
    That seems alright, Id wanna know why the clutch is so hard. Also is there a service history? I have a 2002 Punto thats done 70k miles and has a part service history and only 2 owners! Im going to try to sell that for around 1500k! so I think that your sounds about right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaw)
    yeah you're probably right, still I guess it makes it that little less likely that you're ones going to be the one for some guy trawling the net 200 miles away (lol seems like a dodgy chat room experience)

On the contrary, I wouldnt see the point in doing it for most of your cars I've seen you post about because you don't see them about much so probably wouldnt go doing crimes in them unless you wanna stick out like a swore thumb!

Heh, well indeed. I didn't really mean mine though, but perhaps some of the more unusual modern-ish cars - I imagine that there are still things like Nissan Cherry's still about and in the hands of people who may well commit a crime in them, but those are the sort of cars that you probably wouldn't see in the supermarket car park too often now.

Anyway, I hope I'm not coming across as an argumentative little cow, I have something resembling swine flu and it's making me a little abrupt, I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlski)
    Heh, well indeed. I didn't really mean mine though, but perhaps some of the more unusual modern-ish cars - I imagine that there are still things like Nissan Cherry's still about and in the hands of people who may well commit a crime in them, but those are the sort of cars that you probably wouldn't see in the supermarket car park too often now.

Anyway, I hope I'm not coming across as an argumentative little cow, I have something resembling swine flu and it's making me a little abrupt, I think
    not at all. besides I'm bored ragged :laugh: hope it isn't the pig lurgies though! get better soon!

ReputationRep:
    Speaking what I know my brother would have said...

From a car of that age, you'd expect to pay about what you paid if it was in really good condition. Anything the might need replacing soon or doesn't work that great etc should lower the price. Did you buy that for the asking price or did you negotiate the price?

My car was going for £550, we got it down to £475 because there was a few things that needed doing. Clutch almost needed rplacing, handbrake was almost on it's last knotch etc. (it was 96/97 btw so that's why it was so cheap)

ReputationRep:
    has the world gone mad
    1300 quid for a 106, thats done 85000 miles :shock: and the cd player doesnt work
    seriously OP are you for real, you could get a 2005 Punto with 65k for less
    jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    has the world gone mad
    1300 quid for a 106, thats done 85000 miles :shock: and the cd player doesnt work
    seriously OP are you for real, you could get a 2005 Punto with 65k for less
    jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez
    so how much do you think its worth?

ReputationRep:
    Manual gear?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neodymium)
    Manual gear?!
    yeah

ReputationRep:
    Seems about right. I paid £1450, for a Fiesta Zetec 99 1.25, 34,500 genuine miles and pretty much perfect condition.

Anyway, in response to the post above, if you can find me a 2005 punto for £1300 and post a link, then I will go and buy it now!

ReputationRep:
    £1300, 2000-reg - if you can live with the clutch, sounds good to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Me981)
    yeah
    But why?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neodymium)
    But why?!
    what is wrong with manual? why should he get auto

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Me981)
    so how much do you think its worth?
    less than that I can assure you, but id have to look at the car irl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elementric)
    If it was in a public place the person observing wouldn't have any of your personal details (which some people give out separately on t'internet) I suppose... I dno.. don't really get it either.
    I love your sig

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    less than that I can assure you, but id have to look at the car irl
    how much? give a figure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Me981)
    yeah the pedals are so close i can put my one foot on both brake and gas.
    lol yeah, my size 11s were perhaps too big. I went for a P reg clio in the end and that even has the luxury of a clutch-foot rest! Pedals arent quite as close either!

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.