Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you enjoy a healthy relationship with your father? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you enjoy a healthy relationship with your father?
    Yes, We're close.
    46.63%
    No.
    53.37%

ReputationRep:
    My dad's really not nice to me at all.
    I'm wondering if I'm alone in this or not.

Definitely not.. I often resent him. I honestly can't wait to leave..

ReputationRep:
    99% of the time, no. We don't get on.

ReputationRep:
    never met him

ReputationRep:
    I want a middle option between being close, and having a cack relationship. We get on, we talk, we laugh, but its not like hes one of my mates.

ReputationRep:
    My dad is an *******. I have to see him every Saturday but lately I haven't been going and I don't plan to.

ReputationRep:
    yes, but I am closer to my mother.

ReputationRep:
    Before he died, yes.
    Count your blessings, people. People aren't perfect, but at least make an effort. You never know what tomorrow will bring :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but I wouldn't say we were close, so your poll isn't much use to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    Before he died, yes.
    Count your blessings, people. People aren't perfect, but at least make an effort. You never know what tomorrow will bring :sad:
    My dad has ordered me to have a DNA test out of spite.
    He's just decided that he doesn't want anything to do with me.

ReputationRep:
    Hate him. He's hurt me so much I have panic attacks knowing he's on the island (he lives in London) I knoww... sad, but that's how much I hate him.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, he cares about me. But the general point is, I get on with my parents when I don't live with them, otherwise we drive each other crazy.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, he isn't the most caring person in the world, he's fairly laid back and I'm a bit concerned about him at times for health reasons as he nearly died through a heart attack, and he can be VERY mysterious.

ReputationRep:
    Exceedingly. I would actually consider him a friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebayqueen)
    My dad has ordered me to have a DNA test out of spite.
    He's just decided that he doesn't want anything to do with me.
    Does he want it to prove you're related, if he has an idea you're not his... or is he simply doing it in pure hope that it'll be negative? Very Jeremy Kyle!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    99% of the time, no. We don't get on.

^ This.

ReputationRep:
    Can't stand him and the way he treats me. The sooner I'm gone the better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    Before he died, yes.
    Ah I'm sorry Very good point there. But yeah I have a pretty normal relationship with my dad but we have never lived together, so though we probably arent as close it means we're not worse off either by having to put up living with each other.

ReputationRep:
    I do now but I don't see him very often. We didn't really get on too great when I lived at home though, when I was a teenager. But yeah as I've got older we get on fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    Yeah, he cares about me. But the general point is, I get on with my parents when I don't live with them, otherwise we drive each other crazy.
    That's what I was trying to say

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.